.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Pictures of just a portion of the mess that a couple of 77gr TMK’s from an 18” gas gun gun caused to an elks chest at 287 yards.

This is lifting the inside scapula up- that’s grass from the stomach in the wound…
514FB274-745F-49D3-926D-43C3794C037E.jpeg

Scapula removed-
5A7123AB-5A62-401B-B52C-F8D1A7E5C45A.jpeg

Remember- you need a magnum to kill elk. 223’s are irresponsible.

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone have a line on a stainless tikka 223 in wi or somewhere that will ship? Buddy just got hosed by sportsman’s warehouse and now is sitting on parts and no gun

amassi

WKR
Anyone have a line on a stainless tikka 223 in wi or somewhere that will ship? Buddy just got hosed by sportsman’s warehouse and now is sitting on parts and no gun
Hosed how? I ordered 2 that were supposed to be here Friday and they haven't shown yet

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
Highly recommend taking a look at the Sauer 100 line. Definitely a step up from Tikka with same accuracy and same price range.

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
How are they a step up

Higher quality finish, action and safety control. Better quality synth stock, with reverse comb for non-prone shooting and dosent feel plastic like tikka. Better balance. Both have equally nice adj. triggers. Sauer builds all rifles from the plain version to the Maharajah version to shoot 5 shot 1 moa with all brand name factory ammo. They will shoot 1/4 moa with right ammo. Hold poa of aim even when so hot will burn skin off your hand. Their barrels on 100 model are heat swaged into recvr so not removable but thats what sets them in affordable price range vs all their other switch barrel models with super wood and mirror bluing. Sauer dosent cut corners on the 100 for the metal part of the build. I have never had to swap barrels in my hunting rifles so for me not an issue. Tikkas have better re-sale because most dont understand the Sauer line thx to marketing and gun forum conformity. Not knocking the Tikka but for the money I would suggest reading up looking at Sauer. They are more unique and come from great gun making lineage.

Higher quality finish, action and safety control. Better quality synth stock, with reverse comb for non-prone shooting and dosent feel plastic like tikka. Better balance. Both have equally nice adj. triggers. Sauer builds all rifles from the plain version to the Maharajah version to shoot 5 shot 1 moa with all brand name factory ammo. They will shoot 1/4 moa with right ammo. Hold poa of aim even when so hot will burn skin off your hand. Their barrels on 100 model are heat swaged into recvr so not removable but thats what sets them in affordable price range vs all their other switch barrel models with super wood and mirror bluing. Sauer dosent cut corners on the 100 for the metal part of the build. I have never had to swap barrels in my hunting rifles so for me not an issue. Tikkas have better re-sale because most dont understand the Sauer line thx to marketing and gun forum conformity. Not knocking the Tikka but for the money I would suggest reading up looking at Sauer. They are more unique and come from great gun making lineage.
The Sauer 100 steps away from the traditional European model in favor of the American method. Its barrel is screwed and torqued into the receiver just like we prefer. However, Sauer isn't content to just do what everyone over here does, either.

amassi

WKR
So, they're subjectively a step up. Given this thread is about hunting with 223 rem and Mostly the 77gr tmk Sauers choice of 1:10 twist removes them from contention.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Higher quality finish, action and safety control.

How is the finish quality different?

Better quality synth stock, with reverse comb for non-prone shooting and dosent feel plastic like tikka.

They’re exactly the same material. The butt design is improved over the T3 however.

Better balance. Both have equally nice adj. triggers. Sauer builds all rifles from the plain version to the Maharajah version to shoot 5 shot 1 moa with all brand name factory ammo. They will shoot 1/4 moa with right ammo. Hold poa of aim even when so hot will burn skin off your hand.

So do Tikkas.

Their barrels on 100 model are heat swaged into recvr so not removable but thats what sets them in affordable price range

No they’re not.

The Sauer is a good rifle on its own- you do not need to use hyperbole.
B0B7DFB8-5496-42ED-90DF-FFA5C36DA2E4.jpeg

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
So, they're subjectively a step up. Given this thread is about hunting with 223 rem and Mostly the 77gr tmk Sauers choice of 1:10 twist removes them from contention.

So a 77gr bullet is only one that will kill deer?! They limp away with a 60gr. If they arent heat fitted like the mod 101 then no big deal. hard to keep up. Heat swaged made no diff on accuracy.

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
So a 77gr bullet is only one that will kill deer?! They limp away with a 60gr. Dont believe the gun rags the barrels are heat fitted.stock is soft. Metal is more polished before coating blah blah
most·ly
/ˈmōs(t)lē/
as regards the greater part or number.

• Haha
Reactions: Stu

kkp005

WKR
Well I finally got to draw some blood with the 77gr TMK’s. Shooting an 18” tikka. Man this little gun is fun to shoot suppressed and it wrecked this doe. Shot her from about 80 yards and she might have ran 50 before pilling up. Lungs were complete mush and the bullet exited.

Attachments

• 95C8D636-DE80-411C-A67E-5C7596A2DFFE.jpeg
    95C8D636-DE80-411C-A67E-5C7596A2DFFE.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 202F42D3-BA4D-48CE-8314-05326C1E4FD7.jpeg
    202F42D3-BA4D-48CE-8314-05326C1E4FD7.jpeg
    698.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 82EEEC68-F2BD-4A4C-9615-EF809BBC6DA9.jpeg
    82EEEC68-F2BD-4A4C-9615-EF809BBC6DA9.jpeg
    784.5 KB · Views: 178

Juan_ID

WKR