270 WSM goat bullet.

Jimss

WKR
Trade in your 270 WSM for a 300 WSM. You won't have to worry about it hunting mtn goats, elk, moose, and other larger big game animals that can take punishment. I've been on a pile of goat kills and always recommend 30 caliber. The guys that didn't listen "usually" ended up with blood all over their goats with broken horns from horrific dives off cliffs and ungodly rolls.

I have a 300 WSM that I used 150 grain nosler partitions on pronghorn to mtn goats, moose, and elk.

mcr-85

WKR
Trade in your 270 WSM for a 300 WSM. You won't have to worry about it hunting mtn goats, elk, moose, and other larger big game animals that can take punishment. I've been on a pile of goat kills and always recommend 30 caliber. The guys that didn't listen "usually" ended up with blood all over their goats with broken horns from horrific dives off cliffs and ungodly rolls.

I have a 300 WSM that I used 150 grain nosler partitions on pronghorn to mtn goats, moose, and elk.
I wouldn't hesitate to kill anything you mentioned with my .270 WSM and a 170 berger.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
150 VLDs for sure. High shoulder past 200 and it's a DRT guarantee.

Every critter I've pointed my 270 WSM at has died a swift death courtesy of a Berger bullet.

ianpadron

WKR

Zero point in running 150s in a 300.

ianpadron

WKR
If you are shooting factory try to find the 136gr Federal Terminal Ascent-- it is bonded, great velocity (3200+) and was plenty accurate.
Non existent at this point unfortunately but likely the best factory option for all ranges for the 270WSM. Bergers kill fast up close but things get messy...those TAs have awesome weight retention.

Last edited:
OP
bascott1

bascott1

WKR
I’ve been keeping an eye out for terminal ascents. Can’t find em anywhere.

N.ID7803

WKR
My. 270 short mag loves the 140gr accubonds others I’ve talked to that have short mags agree with the 140gr accubond. Probably hard to find but if you can snag em.