3 pin slider bow sights?

ZDR

WKR
I was looking at that in a 3 pin. Not clear on how they work; do you set it for say, 20, 30, 40, then slide it down for 50, 60, 70?
Yes, I have mine set at 20,30,49,50band then use the top indicator for ranges between 20 and 50. Example would be 37 yards, instead of gapping w my 30-40 yd pin, I dial 37 and use my top (20 yard) pin. Beyond 50, I dial and use my bottom pin. I’m explaining this terribly but it works amazingly well.

I've used a 5 pin spot Hogg hogg father the last few years. I really like the idea. I think my next sight is going to be a 4 pin. No other reason than just to try it out.

ZDR

WKR
I was looking at that in a 3 pin. Not clear on how they work; do you set it for say, 20, 30, 40, then slide it down for 50, 60, 70?
Ok. I think my last post was terribly written so...Hopefully I can explain this😬. I have 4 pins set at 20,30,40 and 50 yards. The sight has two indicators on the slider. One corresponds to the 20yd and the other to the 50yd pin. Using my top pin, I can dial to any distance from 20 to 50. My bottom pin can dial from 50 to about 95 for me. It’s really nice for 3D shooting as I can dial precisely the yardage to the target. For hunting most likely would just use the pins only unless there was plenty of time to dial precisely. My MER is 50 so I don’t need more than that. Well...maybe 50...

I love my 3 pin Boss Hogg. I think the best are either Black Gold or a Spot Hogg. Pick your flavor. I like 4 pins just cause then I’m at 20-30-40-50 without dialing. Can still dial out to about 120 on most bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
even with a bow over 300 FPS I don’t see how someone would feel “cluttered” with 5 pins unless their arrows are feather light making the pin gaps too small..
Speaking as someone who is partially colorblind, "cluttered" might not be the right word for me as the bigger issue for me is the color of the animal and the background washing out and more pins covering up what I am looking at and therefore making it a little harder to focus. It's not like I can't see the targets at all or anything like that but a brown animal definitely can fade into a brown, green, gray background for me pretty easy. Moving to a single pin (actually mine is a cross hair) made all the difference in the world by having a clearer sight picture. However, after real life experience I will probably be moving to a 3 pin slider on my next bow due to the fact that I would have some range of distance that I could shoot quickly without having to slide.