3 pin slider bow sights?

Jacack

WKR
Question for you guys with sliders, I bought a 3 pin verdict and looks great, just put it on tonight and was wondering where most guys set the reference? Do you bring the sight to the absolute top? Or do you make the two parts flush? I was thinking all the way up but then it looks like a good place to catch dirt.

PredatorX

WKR
Question for you guys with sliders, I bought a 3 pin verdict and looks great, just put it on tonight and was wondering where most guys set the reference? Do you bring the sight to the absolute top? Or do you make the two parts flush? I was thinking all the way up but then it looks like a good place to catch dirt.
If you want to get max range out of the sight send it up to the top. Centering the 2 pieces would keep the grime out bit would also limit you in max range.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Firestone

WKR
I have an Option sight and love it. You can have them customize the Option Four to your exact wants if you are dead set on a three pin. Customer service is awesome and so is the warranty.

I want to convert my HHA single to a 3 pin slider or buy a Spott Hogg, MBG 3 pin slider but not sure it is worth the $$

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
These three pin sliders? Does just one pin move and two are fixed or vice versa?

Rhino8541

WKR
I just ordered a 3 pin fast eddie housing and third axis adapter to replace my current double pin housing. I should get it in a few weeks and have some personal opinions I can share after shooting it for a while.

I spoke with John at Spot Hogg to order the parts and the whole transaction went very smoothly. I ended up opting for green, yellow, red pins instead of green, yellow, green. I figured it would reduce any chance of pin confusion.

Block

WKR

If you don’t set it all the way UP,,, you run the risk of being off a hair when rolling it to ur set “0” and all ur pins are then off..

Rhino8541

WKR
I need more time on my new 3 pin slider, but I really like it for the first time running it. I don't find the 3 pins cluttered even coming off a single pin.

MTSabo

WKR
I went from a 5 pin to a 3 pin slider this year. I went with 3 greens as i never paid attention to color when shooting my 5 pin. I always counted up or down. So far im liking my new sight. Montana black gold pro.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Reiviving a good thread. I just bought a 3 pin off the classifieds. Coming from 7 pin fixed, to 5 pin slider, to 3 pin now. Bow is shooting about 275fps. I‘m thinking about 27/40/50. That should make the first pin good 0-34/5ish.. anybody run this way? I find almost no difference right now using my 30 pin as close as 15 yards. Maybe 2”? Use is mule deer, blacktails and elk. Turkeys and hogs for practice.

rhino8888

FNG
Does anyone with a 3 pin wish they had a 4 pin? I'm looking at the Mountain Lite on S&S and it's only and extra $10

lintond

WKR
Does anyone with a 3 pin wish they had a 4 pin? I'm looking at the Mountain Lite on S&S and it's only and extra $10

I’ve ran a three pin for 4 or 5 years now, and I just pulled the trigger on a mountain lite from S&S with 5 pins but am likely going to pull out a pin and run it as 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
I run a 3 pin spot hogg fast Eddie XL. other than it being a little heavy. It is perfect. Any more than 3 pins clutters up my scope. I've got 20, 30 ,40. Use the 40 as my travel pin and can shoot out to 80 with it for practice. 95 percent of all the animals I've shot over the years were 40 yards and in. So not much need for me to have 5 pins cluttering up my sight picture.

MikeB_318

FNG
I use Spott Hogg for toughness, I literally fell a few feet while Aoudad hunting recently, while trying to protect my bow I hit the sight and 2 piece quiver on the rocky ground and my sight didn’t move or bend. I’m generally hard on my equipment and that is why I shoot a Spott Hog Fast Eddie XL. 😉

Currently have a single pin HHA optimizer lite. My question is, with most of the other sliders, the dial is near the front of the sight. How do you deal with reaching around the quiver/arrows, and forward, to get to the dial. Seems like alot of extra movement? Am i just over thinking it?

MNman

FNG
I have a fast Eddie 3 pin I would sell. Basically brand new. If you have any interest

ZDR

WKR
I have the MBG Mtn lite as well and run it with 4 pins. I love it...the dual indicator system is great for 3D shooting etc and for hunting my pins cover my max eff range - 50 yards.
Its a great system...

Currently running an IQ Pro Hunter with 2 fixed and 1 "slider" pin. I've been happy with it, kind of wish it had at least 1 more fixed pin. Really pleased with the retna lock it has on it as well. Tells me when my form is slipping or my grip is off.

Rob5589

WKR
I have the MBG Mtn lite as well and run it with 4 pins. I love it...the dual indicator system is great for 3D shooting etc and for hunting my pins cover my max eff range - 50 yards.
Its a great system...
I was looking at that in a 3 pin. Not clear on how they work; do you set it for say, 20, 30, 40, then slide it down for 50, 60, 70?