300 Win Mag with 1:8 twist

Ive been looking at several different rifles in 300 WM since selling my last one. I found what seems to be a good deal on one that has everything that I want, but Im unsure about its 1:8 twist rate.
From what I've gathered, the 8 twist would be fine for the heavier monos, which happen to be what i prefer.
As far as that twist rate is concerned, what bullet weight is considered too light for it?

ahlgringo

WKR
I have a custom with a 1:8 twist Bartlein so I could spin lrx 208’s. I love it!!!!
Also shoots 180 ABs less than .5

I would have no reservations as long as you can also feed the long heavies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
Did you get the 1:8? What brand is it. I'd love to hear more about this. A 1:8 might cause might cause smaller bullets to blow up due to the spin rate tearing the jacket off. I've heard this happens at 290,000 rpm but I heard it on the internet so take it with grain of salt. I know there are calculators out there for this.

See link here:

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
If you already have some 30 cals (likely 1:10) it would be cool to a have a 1:8 because you can use the 212 LRX bore rider. You can launch some bullets with crazy BCs. I personally would not go much lower than 130 in a mono in a 300wm and I'm sure monos will hold together with much higher rpms. I think the bullets that will shred are varmint bullets and stuff like the ELD-X that have thin walls but you'd have to go down to the 110-140 range I'd bet. Me personally I have no problem shooting little animals with big bullets especially monos which aren't going to grenade an animal.

What brand is the rifle? Is it a custom gun?