300PRC or 28 Nosler or...?

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I went with 300 PRC. I've had the 300 win, 7mag, 300 RUM and 7 RUM... I don't have any complaints with my PRC. Shoots great, not the recoil of the RUM and kills great. Dropped a gemsbok/oryx at over 650 with 180 gr accubond.
Yeah but you're just a little girl so there is that to consider.

Are you going to reload for it or buy factory ammo. The design is inherently a tad more towards improved accuracy with the PRC, shoulder angle, aligning to the bore etc. I love my PRC, but I run a 6.5 SAUM, which if run over a 6.5 PRC, and a Warbird. The PRC I grabbed because a buddy sent me a barrel for one.

I would go 300 PRC over 28 Nosler. Barrel life is going to be a bit better in the PRC as others have stated. Or stick with a 300WM because lots of factory ammo options. Going long range , run 230 A Tips

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Are you going to reload for it or buy factory ammo. The design is inherently a tad more towards improved accuracy with the PRC, shoulder angle, aligning to the bore etc. I love my PRC, but I run a 6.5 SAUM, which if run over a 6.5 PRC, and a Warbird. The PRC I grabbed because a buddy sent me a barrel for one.

I would go 300 PRC over 28 Nosler. Barrel life is going to be a bit better in the PRC as others have stated. Or stick with a 300WM because lots of factory ammo options. Going long range , run 230 A Tips
Thanks. I went 300PRC and love it. I got it the first week of December, 2020 and since then it has taken 8 big game animals at an average of 496 yards.

I use factory ammo.

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely adore my 28 nosler. Proof barrel, 700 trued action, Bix and and trigger, and Mcmillan Game Warden Stock. Got a nightforce in top of it. With 190 grain bergers its a light and damn impressive long range killing machine.

I look at barrels like tires on a sports car....the 28 Nosler has been nothing short of amazing, when it's time to rebarrel, so be it!