329PD Very Shootable

DIA, good to actually test for yourself. Must be the way we grip the gun that changes the POI, yours right, mine higher, but definitely a difference that is worth knowing. And my 629 w/6” ported barrel had very little
POI difference between full power and .44 special target velocity loads. It was very tame to shoot as well versus the 329 with full power loads. Did not lead the barrel with my same cast bullets either like the 329 did.

Last edited:
OP
L
I brought along a variety of 44mag loads to see the change in POI. 240gr@920fps, 240gr@1250fps, 270gr@1170fps.
@20yds offhand.

How do you like shooting the 240gr @ 1250fps as that sounds like about the target I'll be shooting for initially with my loads?

Solid Copper option -
If anyone else has a need or desire for solid copper bullets, here's what I found but haven't tested yet. Expensive, but won't be for plinking, just carrying in the backcountry.

Cheers

Last edited:

dla

WKR
How do you like shooting the 240gr @ 1250fps as that sounds like about the target I'll be shooting for initially with my loads?

Solid Copper option -
If anyone else has a need or desire for solid copper bullets, here's what I found but haven't tested yet. Expensive, but won't be for plinking, just carrying in the backcountry.

Cheers
Truthfully, the reason they are hitting 1250fps is that load did not lead my bore - and it is accurate. I can't shoot more than 3 cylinders of that stuff before my hand is hurting. Ditto with the 270gr
WFN fodder.
The 240gr@920fps can be shot a lot.
I can still have lead here in Oregon - I know nothing about copper.