6.5 creedmoor 120 gr data

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Not ttsx. Just the normal TSX. Hornady brass this is this brass's second firing. Fed 210 primer. 2.701" or 2.192 cbto. Those three shots in the photo chronographed at in this order...2944, 2928, 2894 for an average of 2922fps. I will likely re run these velocities.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I went and reshot those two groups of Staball today. 45.3grs turned out better than the first round. Not sure if it was the chronograph, but the velocites were kinda all over the place so those will have to be tested again. Here's 45.3grs about 20 mph tail wind.
View attachment 247775

I‘ve been researching StaBall on other forums and it seems that powder produces an erratic node in the middle of two stable nodes. You might try going up and down to find a stable node.

I’ve got some coming to try in my Creedmoor and 7mm08, but likely won’t have much until the spring.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
I‘ve been researching StaBall on other forums and it seems that powder produces an erratic node in the middle of two stable nodes. You might try going up and down to find a stable node.

I’ve got some coming to try in my Creedmoor and 7mm08, but likely won’t have much until the spring.
Any recomenation on how much up or down to go for more stability? I am asking as I also shot 3 shot at 1 grain lower and the spread on the velocity was 98 fps difference. My mind was blown group turned out being about the size of the first group I shot at this charge.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Any recomenation on how much up or down to go for more stability? I am asking as I also shot 3 shot at 1 grain lower and the spread on the velocity was 98 fps difference. My mind was blown group turned out being about the size of the first group I shot at this charge.

Not sure. Those guys were going up and down in 0.2 grain increments and watching for flat spots in velocity.