6.5 grendel projectiles

JP100

WKR
Whats everyone using for hunting bullets in the grendel?

Currently using the 123gn PPU soft points with pretty good success but will start reloading soon.

123ssts or 120eldms look like a good option?

TxLite

WKR
Guys used to kill a lot of deer and hogs with the 123 eld’s back when I was on the Grendel Facebook groups.

Berger 130 OTM AR Hybrid has been excellent for me in an 18” barrel AR platform.
I’m running just under 2400 fps, killed multiple antelope from 50-350 yards, a mature Whitetail buck at 280 yards, and shot quite a bit of steel out to 650.

I drop below 1800 fps somewhere around 550 yards depending on environmental conditions. At 2400 muzzle no issues with close impacts. They kill very very well

OP
JP100

JP100

WKR
Thanks guys, looks like ile give the ELDs a run. Got a box or two.

Funny little cartridge, but it kills well and is a dream to shoot. Have a mini action howa set up for my mum, will be under 7lbs with scope, suppressor and new carbon stock.

KenLee

WKR
Thanks guys, looks like ile give the ELDs a run. Got a box or two.

Funny little cartridge, but it kills well and is a dream to shoot. Have a mini action howa set up for my mum, will be under 7lbs with scope, suppressor and new carbon stock.
Better saw that stock off, unless Mum is an Amazon.

MThuntr

WKR
123SST bang flopped a couple does last winter with them at around 200 yards. Velocity is almost perfect for them to do their job and not destroy a bunch of meat.

I think I'm going to try Maker bullets for non-lead hunting but keep using 123SST for plinking and predator shooting.

pds794

FNG
On the lead free topic, has anyone tried the TTSX or Controlled Chaos? I've used the TTSX in my 7mm-08 with success, curious how it does at a slower speed.

On the lead free topic, has anyone tried the TTSX or Controlled Chaos? I've used the TTSX in my 7mm-08 with success, curious how it does at a slower speed.
I used 110 controlled chaos on a mule deer buck lat 200 yds last season. I could not have been more impressed. He went 10 yards, the main bullet passed through as well as all petals in a perfect circle around the main shank. Ive also loaded 100 ttsx but haven shot anything yet. Groups are good with both and PPV

fshaw

WKR
Any updates from last fall’s hunting season? I’m building a Mini Grendel and waiting on a stock. Will be hunting close range whitetails.

SIR_34:16

FNG
Shot a nice sized doe in 2022 at about 60 yards. She did a 30 yard death run and down. My daughter shot a button buck this year at about 40 yards. Buck kicked, ran in a circle, stopped and stood there for a few seconds, and tipped over. No fuss no muss. Both were shot using 123 eldm. Complete pass throughs and good expansion.