6.5 grendel projectiles

We’ve killed a few deer with the 95 gr VMax out of mine. No complaints. Also tried the 123 sst but couldn’t get them to fly out of my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the 123gr ELD-M just a rebranded A-Max?
The eldm is an “upgraded” Amax. They replaced the original tip with a new tip that is more heat resistant to the friction caused while flying through the air. Supposedly the old tips were deforming on longer shots causing accuracy variations.

OP I use the SST, eldm and the fusions. All are solid performers. Taken the eldms to 500 with boring accuracy.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates from last fall’s hunting season? I’m building a Mini Grendel and waiting on a stock. Will be hunting close range whitetails.
The kids and I shot 8 Missouri deer this fall with rifles. 4 were with a howa grendel and 120 gold dots. They hit so hard for a little bullet! An the rifle shoots on par with my customs!

fshaw

WKR
Thanks for the updates. I’m putting a Mini Grendel, just waiting on the stock from Oregunsmithing. Trying what bullet/load to shoot for short range Adirondack whitetails.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the updates. I’m putting a Mini Grendel, just waiting on the stock from Oregunsmithing. Trying what bullet/load to shoot for short range Adirondack whitetails.

I loaded up some 130 TMK, 130 controlled chaos, and 120 ttsx for me and some buddies to try for upstate NY whitetails this season. The 120 ttsx had a complete broadside pass through, thought the upper heart and lungs and left a decent blood trail. The 130 CC as I expected didn’t pass through, but killed quick that was a neck shot quartering away. The 130tmk went in behind the front shoulder and was found on the offside back hip with a great mushroom, well over 75% weight retained. I will be loading up the 120ttsx for all three rifles next season as it’s the only one that left a blood trail, all killed within 75yards though. Used hornady black eldm the previous season and it too killed quick, but both shots through the lungs/liver were found on offside hide with no blood trail.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Dang, I've been on a roller coaster thus far. First I thought the SST's were the one. Then The ELDM's worked great. I have some brass now to dink around with now, so time will tell.

Sierra has a new grendel-specific tipped gameking that looks pretty great. 120 grains with a good B.C.

Interesting. Do you know of amy factory loads?

No, in fact it’s not even on their site anymore. There’s a thread on it in the 65grendel forum though, some guys have gotten their hands on them and used them already. It sounds like they produced a run late last year and will do another run early this year.