60x vs 45x Spotters

OP
Dgregory

Dgregory

FNG
Can you guys that just got the Athlons let us know what you think about them? I’m considering the same one. Thanks.
So far, so good. I've only tried it around the neighborhood, so nothing long distance. I haven't taken it out in the evening yet to see the low light quality. Afraid I can't give much input until after my bear hunt in May.

If you had to pick one spotter for all of your hunts, what magnification range would you go with? I’m tempted to get a 20-60, but I like the weight and size of the 15-45 models. I tend to do a lot of hiking on my hunts. An extra 1.5-2lbs isn’t horrible but it certainly adds up.

I don’t mean what brands or models would you buy, although that’s always nice to hear too. I’m mainly looking for input on magnification range from experienced hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swaro 65mm is the only spotter i will carry because of the weight and magnification/

TXHunt

FNG
Can you guys that just got the Athlons let us know what you think about them? I’m considering the same one. Thanks.
I got mine and the magview s1 and we took it to the ranch this weekend. I’m really impressed with both. We shot out to 800 yards and you can see the vapor trail and impacts pretty clear. Very easy to get my phone lined up and taking great videos through the spotter. If I can figure out how to post a video I’ll post one.

Rock-o

WKR
My first spotter is an Athlon Ares G2 15-45x65 (angled). I like it. Doubt I'll get anything bigger.

TXHunt

FNG
I got mine and the magview s1 and we took it to the ranch this weekend. I’m really impressed with both. We shot out to 800 yards and you can see the vapor trail and impacts pretty clear. Very easy to get my phone lined up and taking great videos through the spotter. If I can figure out how to post a video I’ll post one.
If this works it should be the video of my son shooting a 12" plate at 800 yards. Video is through my Athlon Ares 15-45x65 Magview phone adapter and a Samsung S21 phone.