6mm /.243 hunting success on Big Game

So if you had a 1:8” .243 shooting whitetails out to 400 yards. What it the better bullet for terminal performance, the 95gr NBT or the 108 eldm? Both will be handloaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you had a 1:8” .243 shooting whitetails out to 400 yards. What it the better bullet for terminal performance, the 95gr NBT or the 108 eldm? Both will be handloaded?

I’d do the ELDM just from an availability standpoint

I’ll add to my previous post that my decision to use the 95 NBT is based off of having a rifle with a slower twist.
And I will agree with @nobody that the 108 ELDM would be a very good choice for killing and are a lot easier to find.

Quick update- found the 95 gr NBT (Winchester lineup) for $32/box and shipped to my local store at Sportsman's Surplus- got four boxes.

Add that to the four boxes of Nosler Accubonds I already have. As soon as I see a good price on the 100 gr Partitions- I'll grab four of those as well :)

Had great luck with the 6 Creed with 108 ELD-M out to 600 yds-drops deer good.
I used Berger 108 Elite--a big buck at 250 yds and ran 150 yds--not alot of damage and perfect shot placement.

My experience with the Hornady interlock has been less than stellar. Practically cause me to write off the 243 altogether. A couple animals lost with little to no blood on the ground.

had the same experince two with the 95 graing horandy superformance sst one had no blood one had three drops of blood

I took a mature Cow Moose with my 6.5 CM. 1 shot through the lungs. Bigger is not always better.
are you sure about biger not being better. i shoot mouse to anything on north america with a 300 weatherby never have to change loads lol. just a joke if it kills i like it

Any 95 grain Berger hybrid or 90 grain eldx reports? I see both are readily available in federal premium loads… Acquired a new (old) 700 last week and I’d like to try a variety through it.

Any 95 grain Berger hybrid or 90 grain eldx reports? I see both are readily available in federal premium loads… Acquired a new (old) 700 last week and I’d like to try a variety through it.
I’m shooting the 95gr VLD hunting bullet. It’s been wicked so far on coyotes, whitetail, and mule deer. Have only had 1 animal take more than a step after impact out of more than a dozen animals this season.

106gr Hornady

782y, 2,205fps impact-
IMG_6293.jpeg

390y, 2,723fps impact-

IMG_6295.jpeg

100y, 3,150fps impact-
IMG_6294.jpeg

Has anyone tried Berger Hybrid 105's in a 6 Creed. I had some loaded by Unknown Munitions to try. I'm currently waiting on my stock but will soon try them out on hogs

Back