6mm prc

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations on powder charges for 108s with 565/570/H1000? I have all 3 available to use and I just ordered up a barrel and all the components to convert my 6.5 PRC brass. Trying to get a rough idea to avoid wasting too much valuable barrel life.

Spinning up a 20" Spiral fluted Bartlein 3B on a Curtin Hybrid Gen 2 inside one of my XLRs and a shorty can.

T_Widdy

FNG
Any recommendations on powder charges for 108s with 565/570/H1000? I have all 3 available to use and I just ordered up a barrel and all the components to convert my 6.5 PRC brass. Trying to get a rough idea to avoid wasting too much valuable barrel life.

Spinning up a 20" Spiral fluted Bartlein 3B on a Curtin Hybrid Gen 2 inside one of my XLRs and a shorty can.
I hope you do a ladder and see what your barrel will handle but I’m at
108eldm
56.5 of n565- 3250 fps, 24” barrel
210m
Adg once fired

On that load with new brass I started at 53 gr n565. This one is just a 6prc. Not improved

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I hope you do a ladder and see what your barrel will handle but I’m at
108eldm
56.5 of n565- 3250 fps, 24” barrel
210m
Adg once fired

On that load with new brass I started at 53 gr n565. This one is just a 6prc. Not improved
Ya ill do a mild ladder, but with no published data I'm just trying to find a reasonable start for all my powder options. Appreciate it

Dobie07

FNG
I appreciate the good discussion in this thread. I just placed an order for a 6 PRC thru Unknown Munitions and am going to start gathering reloading components. I have previously been reloading for a 7 mm REM mag, and have a number of powder and primer options there, but will need 6.5 PRC brass and dies, as well as a neck bushing to get to 6mm. My plan is to run the 108’s and 115’s primarily and lapua brass . Curious what the consensus recommendation would be for someone without any 6 PRC dies and bushings to purchase. Is the SAC option worth the money?

Pwb199

Lil-Rokslider
I went with Redding bushing dies and just bought the appropriate bushing and seating stem. About half the price of the SAC die - which seems great, just too spendy for me

Anyone been able to find 108’s lately?

T_Widdy

FNG
I appreciate the good discussion in this thread. I just placed an order for a 6 PRC thru Unknown Munitions and am going to start gathering reloading components. I have previously been reloading for a 7 mm REM mag, and have a number of powder and primer options there, but will need 6.5 PRC brass and dies, as well as a neck bushing to get to 6mm. My plan is to run the 108’s and 115’s primarily and lapua brass . Curious what the consensus recommendation would be for someone without any 6 PRC dies and bushings to purchase. Is the SAC option worth the money?
I use redding and Hornady bushing dies for all mine, and then a separate expander mandrill die. but I did modify my Redding neck sizing die by boring the bushing side deeper and building custom bushings that incorporates the new neck angle of necked down brass. If you use a just a fl bushing die you have to set the bushing height just right to keep from getting to bad of a doughnut. The doughnuts usually fire form out with mine. The Hornady die does not work the best for the initial sizing down process. Redding dies you can adjust the bushing height. I would go with the sac setup if your building just a straight 6prc and unknowns reamer is not improved.

bradb

WKR
3180 on bergers
3136 hornady
Been busy and not many rounds yet. Hope to play more soon

I did not try the 115s yet. I did get pretty big donuts. With my set up i need to cut them before using the 115s.

I did shoot one solid old buck in KS with the bergers. Quartering hard away at just over 300. Turn and ran maybe 60 yards. Lungs where a mess

Last edited: