7mm REM Mag Suggestion

matsprt

FNG
I just bought a Christensen 7mm REM Mag. I have not had a chance to ask them for suggestions and I don’t have the die’s to reload yet. So I’m looking for suggestion on a commercially available load.
Western big game hunting in Montana. So everything from speed goats to elk.
Anyone with ideas ??

KineKilla

WKR
160gr Accubonds have been working well in my 7mm for a long time. I load my own but there are pre-loaded options.

You will also find good loads from Barnes, Hornady and Federal. I just trust and like the performance Accubonds have given me.
07609ef27ce5ae1d3722d48ddf7d1530.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

A382DWDZQ

WKR
Barnes has factory long range 139gr LRX ammo and 150 & 140 TTSX in stock right now. All good options.

I would buy this ammo from Unknown Munitions with Peterson brass. Buy 2x50ct for $375.95/$3.76 each. Save the brass and send it back to them to reload it once you have shot all 100 rounds. Better than any factory offering for not much more $$.

Ddubs20

FNG
I used 140/160 handloaded accubonds for years with reliable accuracy and performance, but the Trophy grade has gotten crazy expensive. I've handloaded the 140 TTSX and that works well for elk, but maybe slightly destructive for pronghorn. As mentioned Barnes factory stuff should be good to go. I've seen the Federal terminal ascent 140 lately for around $50 a box, I would try this or even the federal fusion 150/175. I've also seen the Federal premium loaded with 168 berger hybrid lately.
Maybe try a few different ones to see what your gun likes, and then try to get a few hundred rounds of that.

The_Whitetail_Kid

Lil-Rokslider
I’d look at Hornady precision hunter 162 ELD-X, Nosler Trophy Grade, or the Gunwerks custom loaded 168 Berger.

Second the Precision Hunter 162gr ELD-X. My hunting partner and I both shoot them and have had great consistency. Everything from elk, bear, deer to antelope.

RyanC

WKR
X3 for the Hornady Precision Hunter 162g ELD-X. I wanted to shoot the Nosler Accubonds as my .338 Win Mag loves them but the Hornady just group much better out of my 7mag.

About the best deal I’ve found for these, even with shipping and handling. I can’t find it locally (Southern Idaho) and when I have they gouge the heck out of it. My buddy and I both ordered from them and had it in our mailboxes less than a week.

160gr Accubonds have been working well in my 7mm for a long time. I load my own but there are pre-loaded options.

You will also find good loads from Barnes, Hornady and Federal. I just trust and like the performance Accubonds have given me.
07609ef27ce5ae1d3722d48ddf7d1530.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Amen to that and 160 gr. Partitions

TaperPin

WKR
7mag is ideal for 95% of all western hunting - my primary mountain gun! 160gr Nosler Partition is a long time favorite of a lot of people. Even with Shillen barrel, my rifle didn’t like Barnes X bullets, but most guns have decent accuracy with the partition.

I used 175 gr partitions as one load for everything, but with age the 160gr makes more sense. One trip I took an elk and mule deer the same day. The elk wouldn’t have gone much farther with 160s and the deer was way out there and the flatter trajectory would have been nice to have.

Having said all that, plenty of animals of all kinds have been taken with ordinary bullets of all flavors in the 7 mag as long as the angle isn’t hard quartering away.

Enjoy that new gun!