8x30 Bino recommendations

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to buy a pair of smaller 8x30 is binos for my chest. I find that when chasing elk, stalking mule deer, blacktails In the heavy cover, handling my full size EL‘s can be cumbersome, especially in close. I have Meopta 15’s, which are AMAZING, better than my 2003 EL’s, and I wand a small pair to keep on my chest.
obviously, EL 8x32 are the best, but I don’t think I need all that in my situation. I’m considering the Meopta Meostar 8x32, and the Swarovski CL companion, or a used EL. Anybody have a recommendation for me? This will be for archery. I have tried 10x32 older Cabela Meopta’s, and they were very good, but the 10x is too much for my use.

The Maven B3 8x30 for $500 is great.

I bought used 8x32 EL's and they can't be beat for the price but they're still pushing $1k. Conquest HD 8x32 are also very well reviewed.

wyosteve

WKR
I have some 8x30 CL's and have been very pleased. Use them more than my bigger EL's.

jolemons

WKR
Second the maven b3 glass. I keep in my chest rig while hiking and for use in my truck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I like the my mavens b3...the conquests are a little better optically. But for a combination of good optics, weight, price, size...they’re great for everyday use.

The only weakness I’ve felt with them is some glare issues looking towards the sun. To get away from that you’d probably need to go swaro, possibly the conquests. But the conquests weigh as much as some 8x42...

I like the my mavens b3...the conquests are a little better optically. But for a combination of good optics, weight, price, size...they’re great for everyday use.

The only weakness I’ve felt with them is some glare issues looking towards the sun. To get away from that you’d probably need to go swaro, possibly the conquests. But the conquests weigh as much as some 8x42...
I get quite a bit of glare with my 8x32 EL too. I think it's just the nature of the beast with some of the smaller binos.

Portland

FNG
The Maven B3 8x30 for $500 is great.

I bought used 8x32 EL's and they can't be beat for the price but they're still pushing $1k. Conquest HD 8x32 are also very well reviewed.
I've been looking at these for some time now. I'm having a hard time finding a place where I can go try them. I did however find some Conquest's to try at my local Audubon. Very nice glass

ChrisAU

WKR
Anyone try the zeiss 8x30 SFL?

@robby denning posted a review:

I have some Maven B3 10x30’s I was planning to take elk hunting in a couple weeks, but I love SFL 8x40’s so much I decided to order some SFL 10x30’s to compare. Should have them early next week and I’ll post my thoughts.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

I have some Maven B3 10x30’s I was planning to take elk hunting in a couple weeks, but I love SFL 8x40’s so much I decided to order some SFL 10x30’s to compare. Should have them early next week and I’ll post my thoughts.
PaLeeeese let us know your thoughts on the comparison.

wildcat33

WKR

Any impressions so far on the 8x30 SFL vs Maven B3? Im getting in the market for a solid 8x30 pair.

Dennis

WKR
I have a pair of older Swarovski 8x32 SLC that I like a lot. Not sure how they compare to some of the other choices listed, but are my elk hunting go to binoculars.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I read a lot of reviews on bird sites and see more Swaro comparisons with the Nikon Monarch HG then anything else, I have no experience with either I'm poor but all the high end Nikon seem overlooked in the hunting forums