9.3x62

letrbuck

WKR
Trying to talk myself out of or into a 9.3x62....
Anyone here loading it with some of the newer powders? Varget burn rate powder seem to be the go to, but I would guess TAC, CFE223, RL 15.5, or maybe even Staball 6.5 would squeeze out some more velocity? I know 286 is the "standard" bullet weight but would probably be loading 250 ABs if I take the dive...

Last edited:

Dennis

WKR
Love my 9.3x62 and it's a wonderful caliber. No experience with the powders you listed. When I worked up my loads years ago RL15 performed the best for me. My 250 grain load is 60 grains RL15, Federal 210 primer with 250 grain Barnes TSX FB at 2336 fps, My rifle is a custom CZ 550 with 21" barrel, Leupold 1.5-5 scope with CDS turrent and heavy duplex crosshairs. I did work up loads for both 250 grain and 286 grain bullets and settled on the 286 grain load for my all around load. DSC02349.JPG

VernAK

WKR
After using TTSX and TSX in several rifles, I've stopped playing with seating depth and now seat al to the top groove as in Barnes factory ammo. It works for me.

The 9.3 is not a rifle that I put a lot of ammo through, so I don't load often. I don't remember the load being very compressed. I got this load from John Barsness.

Gmark

FNG
I have not heard many people talking about this caliber since I moved to the USA but it was my favorite when I lived in South Africa. The powders I loaded with were different to what we get here but it is definitely a caliber worth having in your collection. I believe we were shooting 250gr bullets at around 2400fps and that was more than sufficient for any of the African game that we hunted.

49ereric

WKR
I have not heard many people talking about this caliber since I moved to the USA but it was my favorite when I lived in South Africa. The powders I loaded with were different to what we get here but it is definitely a caliber worth having in your collection. I believe we were shooting 250gr bullets at around 2400fps and that was more than sufficient for any of the African game that we hunted.
I want a 9.3x62 and have absolutely no need for one 😝
my well used Sporterized M1917 was shooting bad groups so I was day dreaming of have it rebored to 9.3 but then I redid the crown with a brass screw and it shoots well now so damn… 🤦‍♂️