9mm backcountry?

Savage99

WKR
Are you using this same setup for EDC? CCW? Finally picked one up and I really like it. It’s bright but compact and easy to operate. Now I just need to find some new holsters. Any recommendations for either CCW or backcountry carry?

I use an NSR holster with the TLR-7 for CCW. I’m trying a new HPG kit bag for pistol and binos right now. I don’t have any other light-bearing holsters though. The NSR checks al my boxes: soft loops, full body shield, low cut outside, & adjustable retention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoneyDew

WKR
I use an NSR holster with the TLR-7 for CCW. I’m trying a new HPG kit bag for pistol and binos right now. I don’t have any other light-bearing holsters though. The NSR checks al my boxes: soft loops, full body shield, low cut outside, & adjustable retention.

Which NSR holster? What position are you carrying at?

Savage99

WKR
I always carry at 3:00. Let me get a link.

Before this, I have used the same holster, but with no light for years.

Spare mag is either in a galco pocket carrier, glock belt, or desantis ankle.

Here is my experience, for reference I am small- (5’7/ 150lbs)... I have mostly carried a G19 with RMR in the woods in NH. My favorite carry is a Gunfighters Inc. Kenai Chest holster but I don’t like wearing it under my AGC bino harness. For me the bulk is uncomfortable, especially in late season with bulky layers. I tried the AGC holster but the RMR interferes and I can’t fully holster the pistol. I could lose the RMR to make it work, but at this point I do shoot better with it so I’m not ready to do that. Also for anyone considering an RDS, remember to consider glass fogging which will happen transitioning from truck to cold. I initially thought this was a dealbreaker, but I’ve adapted.

A lot of the time I am wearing my hunting saddle into the woods and I don’t like mounting a pistol onto my saddle belt, nor elsewhere on my waist when climbing with a saddle. When I wear a framed pack I use a OWB holster with a QLS mount, or use the Kenai with the pack, no issues there.

In part to lighten and slim down my backup carry, I recently purchased a 43x MOS, CHPWS plate, and Holosun 507k. Still find issue with the RDS fitting with an AGC holster (AGS doesn’t claim it will work) but I think a 43x Kenai under the bino harness will be a better fit for me than that the 19. If I were a bigger person I imagine I would have no issues carrying the 19 like this.

lmeyer

WKR
Glock 43 is the best personal defense pistol I own for backcountry... mostly because it actually goes everywhere with me rather than getting left behind.

I’m going to use Underwood FMJ-FN +P ammo. It is specifically designed for penetration in things like bears.

How did the 43 do with the underwood?