A hypothetical: for a US "Big 3 Deer Slam"

Does the Coues deer count?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Lou (Louis)
There's only two deer, mule and whitetail; everything else is a subspecies of one of those. In your hypothetical slam, you're counting mule and blacktail as separate, but then trying to decide if a whitetail subspecies (Coues) counts as a whitetail... sorta makes my head hurt.
Not sure. There is a biological argument that the mule deer is the result of a cross between a BT and a WT.

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
I would say Cousy and Whitetails aren’t bad interchangeable, just like Columbian Blacktails and Sitka Blacktails aren’t interchangeable.

Lots of options for western Whitetail- Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming- all easy to get tags. I’d say the easiest place would be Montana to get it done.

Grundy53

WKR
In my opinion, a regular Whitetail would be much easier to accomplish. They are Over the counter in Washington and Idaho. It's pretty easy to draw within a couple of years in montana or Wyoming. I can't speak to Wyoming, but the other 3 states I mentioned have plentiful whitetail populations.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider

Only 3...?

If you're separating Colombia BT from mulies then I'd imagine you'd have to separate Coues from Eastern WT's as well. Having hunted both, Coues are a completely different style than Easterns and I wouldn't put them anywhere near the same category.