A reminder for all you guys hesitant to blow $ on gear

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are they trying to imply that having a few high rises, a car, and a bag of money brings mental stability? I'd say that if that's what they believe, then they have some mental instabilities. On the other hand, there are a ton of people out there that "just have to have" the latest and greatest whenever that comes out. They have similar instabilities as well. Bottom line is......there are a heck of a lot instabilities out there these days, regardless what their wealth and material state is.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure they’re just listing it as one of the items they’re missing out on because they can’t stop spending money on hunting and the gear they use to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bighorse

WKR
Time…. It’s about time. Buried in a commercialized-social media infused-capitalism, folks use money to still connect to hunting when they can’t get dirty roaming wild places. Some men have wives demanding continued monitary performance too, keeping a perfectly capable outdoorsman strapped to a grinder. Gear purchasing becomes retail therapy to stay connected to the dreams that motivate us all to chase excellence, free range game!
Best wishes to my urban or suburban brothers relentlessly dreaming of the next expedition and longing for the wilderness.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
I love my late season Sitka gear for glassing in the teens and my Kenetrex boots felt they were worth every cent, but my Walmart wrangler outdoor series and $150 Asolo hiking boots work great in the early seasons. I always ask myself am I buying this gear for myself or is it “impressing” someone else…🧐

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I love my late season Sitka gear for glassing in the teens and my Kenetrex boots felt they were worth every cent, but my Walmart wrangler outdoor series and $150 Asolo hiking boots work great in the early seasons. I always ask myself am I buying this gear for myself or is it “impressing” someone else…🧐

I find the opposite. I really appreciate high quality synthetics and well designed ventilation of higher priced garments when it’s hot out, it’s always hot where I live lol. When it’s cold, I could wrap any cheap thing around me in enough quantity to make me warm. May be bulky but I’ll be warm.

Button

WKR
All I know is quality fishing gear is worth the coin if you are able to catch fish in the 1st place.

Time…. It’s about time. Buried in a commercialized-social media infused-capitalism, folks use money to still connect to hunting when they can’t get dirty roaming wild places. Some men have wives demanding continued monitary performance too, keeping a perfectly capable outdoorsman strapped to a grinder. Gear purchasing becomes retail therapy to stay connected to the dreams that motivate us all to chase excellence, free range game!
Best wishes to my urban or suburban brothers relentlessly dreaming of the next expedition and longing for the wilderness.
This right here. I've never thought of it this way, but it hits the nail on the head for me. Some of us are stuck in "the city" for one reason or another (for the time being)....I get up to my farm 6 hours away and try not to see another person for at least 72 hours at a time whenever I can, but there is nothing like the mountains out west and up north. Buying gear, the forums...helps to fill the void. If I lived out there I'd probably not upgrade any gear or clothes until they fell apart.

Marble

WKR
Your post made me think if I do that. I would have to say when I purchase something is for a specific reason. Either a new addition to my kit or an upgrade.

But I can say it isn't horrible to show off some really good gear to your buddies. Not for a bragging affect, but to share the lesson learned from what works so thwrs can benefit from my good or bad choices.

I can say the one thing over the last several years I've spent a lot of money on is boots. I wear a 15 and my feet are slightly different widths and length. So its difficult to find a prior proper fitting boot. I did find two in the Kat month that I think are winners. We'll see how they do this season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk