A reminder for all you guys hesitant to blow $ on gear

Scoot

WKR
I recognize that I think I'm in the minority, but money doesn't bring me joy (lack of it can bring stress tho lol) but my wife and kids do.
Not sure you're really in the minority at all. My kids are literally the two best things in my life. Those who advocate being able to walk away from anybody or anything sound bitter, commitment avoidant, and are probably pretty lonely in this world.

Once you reach a certain level of financial well being additional wealth offers minimal improvements in happiness and often comes with relevant costs to happiness.

Not sure you're really in the minority at all. My kids are literally the two best things in my life. Those who advocate being able to walk away from anybody or anything sound bitter, commitment avoidant, and are probably pretty lonely in this world.

Once you reach a certain level of financial well being additional wealth offers minimal improvements in happiness and often comes with relevant costs to happiness.
Yea... Maybe I said that wrong... I don't mean to imply that kids don't bring people joy... I'm sure for the vast majority they do - sorry if that came out wrong:)

My point was more that I don't get much joy from money and that maybe Im in the minority there. It's nice to have, but my mental stability doesn't come from finances was what I was trying to say :)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
So in summary: if you want to blow $ on gear, you have 2 choices
1- be single and spend all you want
2- be a man in your marriage and not have to ask permission to spend all you want. :)

Poser

WKR
I grew up reading about Chuck Adams slaying creatures left and right in jeans and plaid. Guy was the definition of OG.
Hell with a 400$ pair of hunting pants.
I respect that.

If Chick Adams were, say, 35 years old, hunting in the year 2021, are you suggesting that he wouldn’t have a pair of $400 pants, a IG account and a quiver of flat bill hats?

Scoot

WKR
Yea... Maybe I said that wrong... I don't mean to imply that kids don't bring people joy... I'm sure for the vast majority they do - sorry if that came out wrong:)

My point was more that I don't get much joy from money and that maybe Im in the minority there. It's nice to have, but my mental stability doesn't come from finances was what I was trying to say :)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
We are totally on the same page- I'm not sure my response was clear though (although I fully stand by everything I said in that post). I fully agree with you here-- see the second paragraph of my post! Money, once your basic needs are met, can't buy happiness...

The mental stability part is that you have enough reserve cash to drop on a new transmission or septic system repair if needed without having to worry about.

Probably already been said, but “You most likely will run out of health before you run out of money”. Enjoy while you can!