A Request for All the Elk Hunting YouTubers...

So for those amateur's that will be going on a:
DIY SOLO non-OTC BP ARCH elk hunt.
Planning to film/document/vlog the adventure on his/her/their iPhone. How would they go about "balancing their audio"?

(Speaking for a friend of course)

OP
well_known_rokslider

well_known_rokslider

Lil-Rokslider
PLEASE don't tell everyone the unit you are hunting, never mind the trailhead you used. It would also be nice if you don't have your logo all over your gear trailer when you park it at said trailhead...
robert-downey-jr-praise-the-lord.gif

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
While we are at it can we also have every slo-mo moment muted? Slo mo audio is like nails on a chalkboard to me

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be fine if they cut the audio everytime someone bugles. I manually mute it everytime I see they get ready to call. We all know what a elk bugle sounds like...cripes just edit it out lol. I like Newbergs vids since he rarely calls!

WCB

WKR
So for those amateur's that will be going on a:
DIY SOLO non-OTC BP ARCH elk hunt.
Planning to film/document/vlog the adventure on his/her/their iPhone. How would they go about "balancing their audio"?

(Speaking for a friend of course)
Most editing software or apps have equalizers on them. Bring wispering talking up and loud noises like you calling down.

Also, Just in general...I am fine with up close real elk bugling in your face sound being loud. Real thing hits different. Normal guys calling as loud and long as possible with 18 chuckles at the end every 30 seconds is annoying.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Ran into a youtuber on the mountain, then watched him putting screenshots of his map system on the videos. He did it correctly, the points he was making up were nowhere to be found. Just some random spot on a map. But have seen others give exact locations.....

Jaquomo

WKR
One other thing - please don't cry and hyperventilate after the shot. Especially if you haven't recovered the elk yet. Act like you've been in the endzone before.

Thank the Lord Jesus, your beautiful wife, your loving daughters, your dad who took you hunting when you were a kid, your cameraman, your amazing hunting partners and guides, your sponsors, hug all the guys calling and finding the elk for you, even thank your YouTube channel subscribers for making this hunt possible. But don't cry. Not a good look for internet elk hunters.. That's all I'm saying....

Last edited:

sasquatch

WKR
One other thing - please don't cry and hyperventilate after the shot. Especially if you haven't recovered the elk yet. Act like you've been in the endzone before.

Thank The Lord Jesus, your beautiful wife, your loving daughters, your dad who took you hunting when you were a kid, your cameraman, your amazing hunting partners and guides, your sponsors, hug all the guys calling and finding the elk for you, even thank your YouTube channel subscribers for making this hunt possible. But don't cry. Not a good look for internet elk hunters.. That's all I'm saying....

lol, never understood all the crying and I love you hugs

Stopped watching for that reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bloatmar

FNG
I know most folks on here hate the YouTube hunters. I for one am thankful. I live in Texas and have hunted white tails my whole life. Covid happened I spent more time at home and on YouTube and learned how it was not as expensive as I thought and even someone like me could get out in the woods and get it done. I know there are more people in the mountains especially Colorado. But I feel like the more people that are hunting public land the more awareness is brought to some of the problems and attacks that we as hunters are facing. Oh yeah I agree let’s get those audio levels in line.