Aadland Scope Caps good and bad

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a set to go on a custom 338 RUM that goes to Alaska in May. Really like the design, as nearly everyone notes they are loud when you pop them open without any attempt to limit the noise. You can work around that issue. They are very solid and well built. My clearance between front of the scope and barrel was not quite enough for the front cap. I used a Dremel Tool and sanded a bit off the bottom of the front cap. All good. I was able to take a silver Sharpie and write notes for drop and windage.

Now for the biggest problem. The scope is a 3.5-15x50 NXS Nightforce. No matter how you configure the rear cap, the best you can do is move the scope from 8 to 15 power and have clearance for the bolt. The only way to open the bolt of 3.5 through 7 power is to rotate the cap before you open the bolt. See pics. IMG_9604.jpg
IMG_9606.jpg
IMG_9609.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crossone

FNG
I love my NXS Nightforce scopes but the entire ocular lense rotating to turn the zoom up or down really sucks. I've always run the blizzard scope covers because you can see through them and when hunting N Idaho, your shot opportunities are often 1 to 2 seconds. But with the majority of NXS scopes, you're stuck with a Scope Kote, or the like, or nothing. My NXS 2.5-10x24 is usually plenty of magnification for me and only the zoom ring turns!]

That's a NF problem, not really an Aadland one. Their rotating ocular design kind of sucks, and your scope cap need to be low profile and/or able to be rotated as well to work with the ocular. Do caps like Tenebraex that come with some NF scopes solve the issue since they can also rotate?