Advice on my sleep system

donald_pomerleau

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some input on my current setup. I’d like to hope I’m pretty well set for western late fall hunts that could be cold and snowy. I currently have:

Nemo riff 30
EE revelation quilt 20
Thermarest xtherm pad

I slept in the Nemo only at 28 degrees in a cimmaron and was warm all night in just baselayers. I’m hoping I can make it close to zero if I bring both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
Not sure how cold it gets in your neck of the woods, but I would want to try that system out in single digits on a night I could bail if it wasn't working, before committing it to a extended hunt. Don't see why it couldn't work if dialed in. Not sure if you will be truck camping or backpacking. Have to think for backpacking, this system could take up quite a bit of pack space. Keep us posted on your findings. Your pad should be warm enough for your goals.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
donald_pomerleau

donald_pomerleau

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how cold it gets in your neck of the woods, but I would want to try that system out in single digits on a night I could bail if it wasn't working, before committing it to a extended hunt. Don't see why it couldn't work if dialed in. Not sure if you will be truck camping or backpacking. Have to think for backpacking, this system could take up quite a bit of pack space. Keep us posted on your findings. Your pad should be warm enough for your goals.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Thanks I plan on trying a single digits sleep here at home soon. It will definitely be backpacking in and setting up a tent. We will have a stove aswell but I know that won’t run all night

skierhs

WKR
Thanks I plan on trying a single digits sleep here at home soon. It will definitely be backpacking in and setting up a tent. We will have a stove aswell but I know that won’t run all night

The stove is the biggest saving grace out of the system I’d say. Worst comes to worst you can always wake up every hour or two and stoke the stove. That being said, I would be surprised if that setup will get you through at 0 degrees. Some of it will depend on the wind and humidity though.

Definitely try it out a night where you can bail though because that large of a temperature delta could make for a really rough night.

Maverick1

WKR
It’s mid-December. Fortunately you have several months of cold weather ahead to figure it out (depending on where you live, I suppose!). Spend a night or two in the backyard; that’s how I dialed in my setup for the backcountry. Good luck!