Affordable hot tent/ tipi

So what is everyone's recommendations on an affordable hot tent or tipi? I was going to buy a kifaru sawtooth but had some unexpected stuff come up and funds aren't going to be where they need to be in time to get the kifaru before my hunts in early/mid November in CO.

I've never hunted colorado before but I do expect the temps to be cold enough to warrant a stove to keep comfortably warm at night.

I already have the stove just need an affordable option for tent or tipi.

Thanks for any and all advice.

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Before I ponied up and bought a floorless (seek outside) I converted the vestibule on a Big Agnes into an area that could hold a stove. I sewed in a stove jack pretty easily. Leave the door open to the rest of the tent and it was plenty warm.

500000KV

Lil-Rokslider
Keep an eye on the classifieds. Seems like every set up I see for sale the tent is the last thing to sell. Should be able to pick up a seek for a reasonable price used. It’s what I did when I found my redcliff and I dont Know how I hunted without it all the years prior. It’s so nice having a Stove in the backcountry.

BDRam16

WKR
I don't have one, but if I was in the market for one it would be the new Argali Rincon.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Better make sure you have a sleeping bag and pad rated for the temps you expect. You're going to be disappointed if you think the stove will keep you warm all night without constant tending. Stoves are awesome but they have short burn times.

BDRam16

WKR
SJK Outpost 4 and sew in a stove jack. Plenty of room for two, and you'll be under $200 in it if your budget is tight.
That’s what I’m currently running but as it comes without the stove. Had a stove and planned on adding a stove jack but decided it wasn’t worth it for my current plan.

OP
G
Better make sure you have a sleeping bag and pad rated for the temps you expect. You're going to be disappointed if you think the stove will keep you warm all night without constant tending. Stoves are awesome but they have short burn times.
Have got a great bag, still need to grab a good pad though. I'm like maguilla gorilla so it's hard to find one thats comfortable.

OP
G
That’s what I’m currently running but as it comes without the stove. Had a stove and planned on adding a stove jack but decided it wasn’t worth it for my current plan.
I ended up getting the mountain smith shelter and going to add a stove jack.

OR Archer

WKR
Im a little late to this thread. I would check out Luxe Hiking gear for an affordable hot tent. They over a lot of options. They’re not as light as others on the market but they’re well made. I run one of the smaller tents with a half nest for backpacking and it’s held up great even in higher winds and rainy weather.

Foxsoup

FNG
Im a little late to this thread. I would check out Luxe Hiking gear for an affordable hot tent. They over a lot of options. They’re not as light as others on the market but they’re well made. I run one of the smaller tents with a half nest for backpacking and it’s held up great even in higher winds and rainy weather.

Research Luxe before you consider gambling on them… lot of reviews have started popping up with people having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Research Luxe before you consider gambling on them… lot of reviews have started popping up with people having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought mine several years ago. They definitely could have went down hill from that point. Shame because I like their product.