Affordable hot tent/ tipi

natey57

FNG
I’m waiting for the Argali Rincon to come back in stock.
I have to admit, I’ve never used a floorless tent before. We have quite a few ticks around here…makes me a bit nervous, but I think I’ll like the light weight of it.

Gman045

FNG
I’m waiting for the Argali Rincon to come back in stock.
I have to admit, I’ve never used a floorless tent before. We have quite a few ticks around here…makes me a bit nervous, but I think I’ll like the light weight of it.
This is what I am waiting for too.

ANy ideas on a budget hot temt for 3?

It would be a little tight for three, but would definitely fit three.

We fit two with cots and gear comfortably for a week with the stove.

It doesn't come with poles, I made some out of EMT/washers/rods. I've also hung it between trees with a ridgeline.

rclouse79

WKR
I have a Luxe 6 max tipi, which is fine for car camping. I also have a Cimmaron for backpacking. The quality of Seek Outside is noticeably better, although Luxe is a fine value for what it is. I have moved to an Eskimo 650xd pop up ice fishing shelter with a Big Buddy for cold weather car camping. I can be sitting in there in my t-shirt in 1/10th of the time it would take me to set up the tipi and titanium stove. There is something nice about a wood fire, but the Buddy is fast, easy and puts out steady heat. The insulated walls of the pop up really help to maintain a comfortable temperature as well. Hanging out in a tipi with the wood stove going is a cycle of being chilled followed by a short period of sweating your nads off. The pop up has way more usable space than a tipi as well because the walls are pretty much vertical. It is a poor man's wall tent with way easier set up and take down.

Thanks for that info. i did check those out. But me, my son, and a friend are planning on setting up camp about 3 or 4 miles from the road. I'm looking for something more "packable". I appreciate the recommendation.

Bennydee

FNG
I’ve been weighing up the SO versus the Hex F6 and oct etc. Wonder how much more storm worthy the SO really is than a cheaper one… 🤔

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
Bear paw designs will sew in a stove jack for you. I have had him do a few for me, along with other custom stuff. He’s reasonable and does a great job. You also mentioned needing a good pad. Just a heads up…I’m seeing the tbermarest Neo-air xlite pads on sale all over. Think they came out with a new design, so old ones are being sold pretty cheap.

Bennydee

FNG
Bear paw designs will sew in a stove jack for you. I have had him do a few for me, along with other custom stuff. He’s reasonable and does a great job. You also mentioned needing a good pad. Just a heads up…I’m seeing the tbermarest Neo-air xlite pads on sale all over. Think they came out with a new design, so old ones are being sold pretty cheap.
Haven’t heard of BPD, will check them out.