After SXS experience, anyone go back to truck or other 4x4?

tdhanses

WKR
You drive 15mph through boulder fields with 3ft deep washouts with a SXS? You got some pics of that SXS?
You would be amazed what a nicely setup sxs will do and still allow you to drink coffee. I have zero worries about breaking it, full skid plate and extra tierods, easy to work on for any trail repairs, i also have 17” of ground clearance running 30” tires. Front windshield even fold up, it’s my ac.

tdhanses

WKR
Do you run a spare on the machine?
I have one but rarely carry it. With 10plys i’m not as worried but i do carry flat repair kits even for a sidewall tear and a dewalt inflator. Factory tires i would carry a spare.

Heading here this coming weekend

tdhanses

WKR
No regrets not being able to go on the less than 50” trails? Quite a few I’ve seen in AZ have big metal poles set at 50” to keep the larger rigs off.
At times yes but i prefer having a more stable machine that i can take 95% of places i want, an ebike does really well on 50” trails.

Where I hunt, I haven’t run into the poles; with that being said now I likely will in 2 weeks 🤣 Murphy’s law and all

I wanted the stability from the 1000 size unit, and I use my buggy for family rides and some work around the house.

It sure as hell beats my old ATV that wasn’t happy with life. Was lucky to pick mine up second hand from a couple that used it like a golf cart. Definitely get a lot more use out of it than my old ATV.

Is it perfect in every situation? Nope… but it’s easier to haul the family around on this than the oll ATV. Everything is a compromise

Loco4dux

WKR
@tdhanses what 10 plys are you using?

Got tired of using quads and taking the truck most places we go is slow and miserable. I’ve not had it long and it still has stock tires but this thing is pretty legit. Pioneer 1000-5. The dust does suck though. Working through the rattles…16D58374-3439-402F-B358-9B4C21ECF1E3.jpeg

Love my RZR... is it perfect for everything...... nope, but if I need to make some time in the rough stuff, it's the right machine, gets me into places I don't want my truck getting tore up.

Like I have mentioned before, the outdoors industry has done an incredible job making us think we need all of these machines. I have seriously considered selling my Pioneer. I do actually use it for whitetail hunting, by hauling my camp into a spot in November that I don’t want to have my full size truck in due to snow. I also use it in December on a late muzzy elk hunt. Could I model my hunts without it, absolutely. I could use my atv for the muzzy hunt and camp lower in whitetail season. They are horribly expensive, loud, dusty, cold or hot. I had a 1982 Toyota swb 4x4 that was the perfect mountain rig. I sure wished I hadn’t sold it so many years ago.

Who makes that ice chest holder that is slick?

Brick city fab

Has worked well, buddy has one on his rig too. Swings out for access to the bed

Ref the dust, I put a SATV split windshield on mine. Helped a lot, open it a bit and get more airflow that pushes the dust away, wouldn’t wanna use it in rain/snow…. But for my situation it works.

It was less a few years ago; and the cash in hand/pickup price was very attractive.

Wasn’t needed, that’s for sure, but it’s handy when hitting the trail with the family