Airlines

Guys, honestly I should have asked this a long time ago but I didn’t. I had a hunt thats in Old Harbor for Blacktail, and we were supposed to take a charter flight from Anchorage to Old Harbor. But that fell through. So should I book Alaskan to Kodiak and then? Or is there a flight from Anchorage to Old Harbor? I should already know this but thought things would be different. Haven’t had any luck getting the lodge to respond about this. Maybe they are busy, but don’t have a lot of time to waste figuring it out.

Trial153

WKR
Almost postive island air runs daily from kodiak to old harbor. No reason to fly into anchorage first that I can think of.

OP
172whitetail
Almost postive island air runs daily from kodiak to old harbor. No reason to fly into anchorage first that I can think of.
Thing is my flights were booked to Anchorage because we were supposed to take a charter flight from there. But that fell through.

OP
172whitetail
Yes fly into kodiak then take the daily island air flight to old harbor. Most likely you best or maybe only option.
No sense flying to Ank only to fly into kodiak
Thank you, I’ll get my flight changed to kodiak instead of Anchorage. Had planned on taking a charter flight and then it fell through.

Trial153

WKR
I think there are two flights a day to Old Harbor, although I could be wrong. Gives you some options with timing. Weather is always a factor there.

Who are you hunting with out of old harbor ?

OP
172whitetail
I think there are two flights a day to Old Harbor, although I could be wrong. Gives you some options with timing. Weather is always a factor there.

Who are you hunting with out of old harbor ?
I went with Kodiak Sportsman’s Lodge. And the only reason I booked to Anchorage is because that’s what they told me to do. But I see now that was a mistake. I should’ve had a back up plan and won’t happen again. I’ll change it all tomorrow to land in kodiak. I think when I looked I can get there pretty early in the morning. I am sure I book with island air in advance?

I'm flying from Seattle to Anchorage via Alaska airlines and on to Kodiak via Ravn in November. I don't remember seeing any sort of option to fly straight into Kodiak.

I did just see an article that they are shutting down the island's ferries earlier this year. So a flight is probably your only option if the lodge won't pick you up on the boat?

Edit: It looks to me like Kodiak ADQ only flies to other locations on the island or Anchorage.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
Yes I would make sure you can get seat on IA for the date you need then switch your other flight accordingly.

Trial153

WKR
Almost postive there are flights from Seattle to Kodiak the lay over or change over will most likey be in Anchorage anyway. I am sure you can book Alaska airlines from Seattle to kodiak.

Last edited:
OP
172whitetail
I went with Kodiak Sportsman’s Lodge. And the only reason I booked to Anchorage is because that’s what they told me to do. But I see now that was a mistake. I should’ve had a back up plan and won’t happen again. I’ll change it all tomorrow to land in kodiak. I think when I looked I can get there pretty early in the morning. I am sure I book with island air in advance?
I will tell you that I booked a hunt with Billy Molls next year for caribou. And he has
I'm flying from Seattle to Anchorage via Alaska airlines and on to Kodiak via Ravn in November. I don't remember seeing any sort of option to fly straight into Kodiak.

I did just see an article that they are shutting down the island's ferries earlier this year. So a flight is probably your only option if the lodge won't pick you up on the boat?
I saw the flights with Ravn air. But I want to say fly to Anchorage first then to kodiak. I haven’t seen anything about them picking me up.

You’ll have to fly through Anchorage regardless. Earliest flight to Kodiak from Anchorage is around 0600, unless you’re flying on the weekend, then it’s around 0800, and some of those flights are operated through Ravn Air. Island Air # is (907) 487-5000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
172whitetail
I will tell you that I booked a hunt with Billy Molls next year for caribou. And he has

I saw the flights with Ravn air. But I want to say fly to Anchorage first then to kodiak. I haven’t seen anything about them picking me up.
You’ll have to fly through Anchorage regardless. Earliest flight to Kodiak from Anchorage is around 0600, unless you’re flying on the weekend, then it’s around 0800, and some of those flights are operated through Ravn Air. Island Air # is (907) 487-5000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you. I would leave about 600 from Anchorage.

OP
172whitetail
Almost postive there are flights from Seattle to Kodiak the lay over or change over will most likey be in Anchorage anyway. I am sure you can book Alaska airlines from Seattle to kodiak.
I will check on that. Because my connecting flight is Seattle. Everything thing I see is from Anchorage to kodiak.

Trial153

WKR
I will check on that. Because my connecting flight is Seattle. Everything thing I see is from Anchorage to kodiak.
Just checked
c632283491fb635da9d85836c5ce309e.jpg

OP
172whitetail

when I checked this morning it was $230 for a flight from Anchorage to kodiak at 645 am I believe on the morning I land at 345 am. Round trip.
[/QUOTE]

Trial153

WKR

when I checked this morning it was $230 for a flight from Anchorage to kodiak at 645 am I believe on the morning I land at 345 am. Round trip.[/QUOTE]Yes most likely cheaper a little further out, I just used the next available dates.

Good luck!!