Stuck in Los Angeles for a day, what to do?

Food in Manhattan Beach. Is close to LAX. Nice beach there too. E.g. “Fishing with Dynamite.” 4.7 stars 880 reviews. Probably 5 minutes away in an Uber.

JStol5

WKR
2nd for the Gene Autry Western Museum. I grew up 15 minutes away, it’s an absolute gem. Right by the LA zoo as well.

The pantry is a legendary diner. Langer’s and Canter’s are excellent delis.

LAX is right by the beach. You can go hang out at Manhattan beach or go north a little to malibu pier for a walk and lunch.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
There have been some great suggestions for sure. The LA area, So Cal for that matter, can have some beautiful and fun places to go. Like any huge city and metro area, there's plenty of bad, you just have to look for it and avoid. If you want to see some quirky stuff, go to Venice beach (a.k.a. Muscle Beach). Very entertaining at times.

If you like sushi, LA area can be a great place to be. There are lots of good sushi places with fresh tuna.

I hold some very controversial beliefs that the best Mexican food in the world is actually found in San Diego, CA.... LA has some fine restaurants as well.

@Fowl Play,

As a former San Diegan I'll have to disagree with you on the Mexican food. SD likes to think they have the best but that's cause they haven't been anywhere else besides TJ. LA has better and more variety by far when it comes to Mexican food. I'll take the Mexican food in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood and Pilsen neighborhood over SD's usual monotone taco focused cuisine.