Akto vs. Tartptent Moment DW

I would like to hear comments from people that have used one or the other or both.

What did you like, what didn't you like.

I'm not terribly concerned with cost, I want a quality one man double wall tent that will do what it's supposed to do.

Condensation is a huge factor, think PNW, northern Idaho and Northwestern Montana.

I have been running an Akto with footprint this year from early September right up until this last weekend here in Colorado. A bunch of people said they had trouble with condensation and I have had 0 issues with it and I think it may have something to do with the footprint, but that is just speculation. Its a bit heavy for a one man show but for a one man tent I think if offers a ton of room for your gear in the vestibule with extra room in the tent for odds and ends. I am 6'3" 180 and I can put gear at my feet or head with room to sleep. I never had it in any bad weather so I can't speak on that but I am happy with it and honestly didn't want to like it because of the price tag but I plan on holding on to it. The Moment would probably been closer to the Enan but you can always get the mesh inner tent for the Akto if you wanted to lighten it up some and allow more ventilation.

Gumbo

WKR
I have also had no condensation with my Akto either with or without the inner this year, but I haven't had it in any condensation-prone conditions. I actually prefer running it in footprint/fly mode so far which gives me more room and shaves off a pound. It it were going to be cold or wet I would definitely run the inner. I wish it were a hair taller, but to me it seems the perfect combination of space, weight, layout, simplicity, versatility, and durability.

TJ

WKR
I have a Tarptent Moment, but not the newer DW version.
So I can't speak about condensation in the DW model.

While I really like the Moment, I wouldn't consider it anywhere near a 4 season tent.

The Akto looks to have a little more room too.