Alaska moose

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to go moose hunting this year potentially, that or caribou. Obviously not getting a long ways from the landing strip, but Is it worth the weight to bring a pair of knee high rubber boots? Hip boots? Thoughts on footwear?

LaCrosse ankle fit hip boots are great. But if you want to save weight, look into Froglegs with LaCrosse ankle boot option.
I’m lucky in that I have a pair of Neos River Trekkers, but when those wear out, I’ll switch to Froglegs.

Wiggys makes a set of light weight waders that go over your boots. Good for stream crossings, not a real hike all day wader. But if I was only taking them as a precaution they might get you by.

z987k

WKR
Wiggys makes a set of light weight waders that go over your boots. Good for stream crossings, not a real hike all day wader. But if I was only taking them as a precaution they might get you by.
I have 1 set left. They'll last you 1-3 stream crossings. You can't wear them outside the water at all.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I take a pair of waterproof neoprene socks. When I’m not using my waders, I throw the neoprene socks on to fill the space on the wading boots and keep my socks dry then hike around like that.