Ammo "shortage" ?

Bumpr1080

FNG
I'm hopeful by the summer thigs will maybe....maybe look better....and damn i hope prices get a little back to normal....

jlh42581

WKR
Locally here you cant find squat in hunting calibers. Ive called the one shop here every sunday since mid december looking for .270 ... aint happening. Went to sportsmans warehouse as they said they werent selling online. They had 5 boxes total of any hunting ammo, zero handgun ammo

My local sportsman’s whouse has 1/4 acre of empty shelving in the ammo and reloading aisles with optimistic tags reading things like “Hornady 30-06 150gr BTSP”. Etc.... I think the only reason the shelves are still up is they still have a few boxes of 26 Nosler, 25-06, and quite a selection of 300 WSM. I heard they were thinking about ripping the shelves out and replacing them with a putting green...😅😅😅

Meanwhile once or twice a week an employee comes out of the back at 5 minutes after the doors open with a shopping cart full of ammo. He pushes it toward the waiting horde and dives over the counter to safety while the mob descends on the cart like a school of piranhas. In 49.7 seconds the cart is picked clean except for one box of 35 Whelen which is dutifully placed on the shelf. The successful shoppers run maniacally grinning towards checkout clutching boxes of calibers they don’t even own. One attractive blond is shouting as she runs “I have two boxes of .264 Win Mag.!!! Is that good honey? Did I do good?”

On my way out a guy in the parking lot offers me a 1k box of LR Primers for 2 kilos of coke and the title to my Tacoma. He only wants to trade and will not take the $4,000 I offer him.

Fordguy

WKR
I just stopped by Academy Sports and was told by the gun counter sales associate that the entire gun counter was sold out and closed. He also said that they won't be getting any more ammunition shipped in for at least 2 weeks. Up to this point they were getting ammunition trucked in twice a week. It sold out quickly, but at least it was coming in.

mcfd45

FNG
I would buy whatever you can find for whatever price it is. If Biden bans importation of ammo, we are ******.
He has stated he wants to ban importation in the past. Ammo prices are not going down anytime soon.

Will_m

WKR
I would buy whatever you can find for whatever price it is. If Biden bans importation of ammo, we are ******.
He has stated he wants to ban importation in the past. Ammo prices are not going down anytime soon.
You do understand that this is the exact attitude which caused (and perpetuates) the shortage, right?

mcfd45

FNG
You do understand that this is the exact attitude which caused (and perpetuates) the shortage, right?
Yes. Sitting back and hoping that prices drop may work out in your favor. It may not. I would advise anyone that uses ammo regularly to stock up every single day.
Buy a box or two every paycheck, even when it’s plentiful.

accuracy

FNG
Sucks in CA cuz now walmart won't even sell birdshot anymore. or any other ammo.
I'm lucky to buy targetloads for $10/box. (can't even hunt with them cuz lead)

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was pretty excited yesterday I found 5.56 for $0.60 per round and they had my shotgun shells I shoot too. They had 750 rounds of 5.56 and I just bought one 150 box because I don’t want to be part of the problem. The lady at the checkout said I could buy eight boxes and I told her I will let other people have an opportunity to purchase some. She looked up and snickered. Just me and the retired guys were in there and I was surprised there was nothing available but it was 15 minutes after opening.