Another which scope thread....2k budget

Supertrucker

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for another which scope thread but am going down the rabbit hole and need to make a decision. Going on a 6.5 PRC. Rifle is light so a 2# scope isn't a deal breaker. I mainly hunt deer and antelope when I can draw a tag. Elk very rarely with rifle (I bow hunt mainly) but do have a 28 Nosler if I draw a OIL tag. Rifle MUST be repeatable and return to zero. No Leupolds. Swarovski would be on the list but not a fan of their dial system and plastic turret parts. I like the Nightforce MOAR reticle or plain duplex. No Christmas tree reticles. Illumination isn't required. I just don't want a reticle that's to "busy". I had a Trijicon Credo HX but found the center dot to fine. I often find I shoot more accurately on 10x than at higher power. I am going to cross post this. Thanks in advance for any input.

My parameters are:
-Would like low end to be in the 2x-4x range
-High end 15x-Plus (but don't need extreme)
-2nd focal plane
-MOA
-exposed elevation turret

I picked up a Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 with MOA reticle last month online from sportsman's for under $1400.

Not a fan of the Swaro dial system. Plastic turret and limited rev is a no-go.
OK, how about the just released Element Helix HDLR 2-16x50 SFP?
  • 30mm Main Body Tube
  • 8x Zoom Optical System
  • Compact, Lightweight design
  • Second Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum
  • Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
  • Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with HD Glass
  • Tool-Free Exposed Elevation Turret, Capped Windage Turret
  • Zero Stop
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth & Lens Caps Included

Nxs 3.5-15 all the way. Do it right the first time. Skip the plastic and Chinesium. Nothing but headaches with those.

Per your parameters, you are describing a Nightforce NXS 3-15x50. Look no further. Probably the most dependable scope ever made.
Agree 100%. Best scope on the market per your budget. Mount it on a 1 pc rail and Seekins rings. Holland’s level, zero and feel confident. Easy scope to “get into” due to great eye relief .

Back