Another WY Trespass Fee Question

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping to draw my first or second choice tag in Wyoming and I won't have to worry about my third choice. My third choice area has some public but it's not ideal. The last 2 times I've hunted Wyoming we called the state and they gave us a list of landowners. We called the state about this area and they said the no longer give out a list of landowners.

Any ideas on how to find this info? I know it's a little late to be asking but I'm really hoping I draw my 1st or 2nd choice.

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
Piggybacking off of this. Are landowners any more lenient on the trespass fee for someone who is just carrying a doe tag?

Rich M

WKR
I should draw my first choice but with tags being cut and point creep. Who knows.

Take w grain of salt - NR draws typically have more applicants than tags. WY does the first choice tag draws - all of em. Then does the 2nd choice draws - all of em. Then does 3rd choice draws - all of em.

Since most all the tags are gotten during the 1st draw, the chances of getting 3rd draw are very very slim. The tags that are left are hardly worth buying.

If you are a resident, I have no clue - you get to hunt most places without any real issue.

OP
C

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Take w grain of salt - NR draws typically have more applicants than tags. WY does the first choice tag draws - all of em. Then does the 2nd choice draws - all of em. Then does 3rd choice draws - all of em.

Since most all the tags are gotten during the 1st draw, the chances of getting 3rd draw are very very slim. The tags that are left are hardly worth buying.

If you are a resident, I have no clue - you get to hunt most places without any real issue.

My 3rd choice is one of those under applied for units with tough access. Should be a guaranteed draw because of that. That's why I'm starting to looking into trespass fee access for it as a last resort.

My first choice was 100% last with the points I currently have but like I said who knows how it will be this year.

Rich M

WKR
My 3rd choice is one of those under applied for units with tough access. Should be a guaranteed draw because of that. That's why I'm starting to looking into trespass fee access for it as a last resort.

My first choice was 100% last with the points I currently have but like I said who knows how it will be this year.

Hope you draw your first choice.

Access fee hunts aren't bad, just cost more. I'd gladly pay an access fee to have a peaceful hunt.

Very few landowners will allow hunting anymore as most of it is leased up by outfitters. The herds are way down and most landowners don’t want anyone killing does and fawns. Check the Walk in area status for your area which is normally available in mid July and the public lands which have access.