Any appliance repair guys in the house?

JNDEER

WKR
Got a Samsung dryer (DV400EWHDWR/AA) about 8-10 years old. Had been having issues with it not "cooling" at the end of the cycle and remaining hot and not shutting off each time it finishes a load and will continue to run HOT. Replaced a few parts / cleaned vent (wasn't clogged to begin with) and now it will give me the HE code.

I replaced:
High limit thermostat
Thermal Fuse
Thermostat
heating element
both Moisture sensors
Dryer Control board

The smaller parts I actually replaced twice. One before and one when I put in the new heating element.

Guessing there has to be some other part I need to replace to fix this, but I have no idea what it is and my googling research has come to an end. (all repairs done by me with online purchased parts from amazon. Control board purchased used from a reputable ebay company and it produces the same code/issue as my existing board)

Anyone have any ideas?

If you googled and you tuned extensively, when maybe the used control board you got. Never know - Eliminate that error factor.

Sounds like you tried the whole gambit.

I’ve done old dryers multiple times, but this new stuff is trick.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NB7

jayhawk

WKR
It sounds like you’ve done about everything you can. Might be a software issue.
Just gotta ask: have you called Samsung customer service and told them about this?

NB7

WKR
Samsung customer service/tech support will be a joke. All they will do is attempt to schedule you with a repair company and even that will be problematic. I found the hard way that Samsung and LG are the biggest POS appliances out there and I will never buy either again. They are some sort of sister company...after having called each company's tech support line for different appliances, I discovered I was talking to the exact same rep, (Who incidentally could hardly speak English, pretty sure I was routed to somewhere in the India/Philippines area)

Most appliances these days are made to be used and thrown away when something goes wrong. My late grandfather who owned an appliance repair business always recommended buying basic appliances without all the electronics because not only did they last longer, they were easier to fix the common mechanical issues, rather than complicated mother boards and electronics. Often puts the DIY fix it guy out of the game or going through a long list of things like listed above.

All that said, I know my rant isn't helping you and I do give you credit for trying all the avenues of repair. I too have replaced mother boards and sensors and elements, etc. This just hit me on the right morning, as my wife and I were just bitching about the Frigidaire refrigerator we just got about 2 years ago being a major disappointment in quality as well. Good luck with the rest of your fight

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
It sounds like you’ve done about everything you can. Might be a software issue.
Just gotta ask: have you called Samsung customer service and told them about this?
I have called them before and concur with other comments- they just want to schedule a tech to come out. Have not found anyone to talk tech over the phone

Samsung and LG make great tvs and phones but washers and fridges are somewhat hit or miss. Called a repair guy for our 10 year old LG fridge and he said buy a new one… wife had to get another LG fridge of course

• Angry

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
I used to be in the industry.
Samsung = garbage overall as far as large appliances go. They make a couple nice things but overall most service companies won’t touch a used Samsung

10 years out of an appliance is pretty good now a days. That is the sad world we live in

woods89

WKR
As a comparison to modern appliance life, we have an old upright freezer we inherited from my wife's grandparents that's over 50 years old. It's full of meat right now, and running fine. Makes a little noise, though!

I wont buy samsung ever again. Dishwasher went out and the fridge make a high pitched sound every couple of weeks from ice build up on the fan. I have to unplug the fridge every couple of weeks for a few hours to make the sound go away. I to cheap to buy a new one. I think most things are made like crap these days. My microwave door fell of a few weeks ago. All the plastic broke. I super glued it back on. Now I just buy a 5 year warranty and hope for the best

Ive heard that maytag and kenmore are good but only because they are easier to work on and not that they are inherently more reliable then the other brands

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
If you googled and you tuned extensively, when maybe the used control board you got. Never know - Eliminate that error factor.

Sounds like you tried the whole gambit.

I’ve done old dryers multiple times, but this new stuff is trick.

Good luck.

Thanks- I don’t know how this unit compares to old ones (advanced mother boards I guess)… both boards giving me the same error- it could be faulty I suppose. May look into a diagram of the board and try to test it

Rokbar

WKR
Occasionally I'll get a local guy to look at my 20 year old whirlpool washer/dryers. He told me back in the winter he never works on the new GE (Heir) appliances???

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
About 10-15 years ago our fridge bit the dust, we didn't want to loose the food inside before we could run out to the big box store and find a new one and get it installed. My wife scrambled and looked on Craiglist and found an Ad from a guy for $20 in a small town about 10 miles away. We ran over there and found this scrapper guy gutting out a very old trailer house for the copper metal...etc. The fridge had been pulled out of the kitchen and was sitting in the yard with an extension cord going to it - he was keeping his beer cold. The place was a dump and the fridge looked like a POS, but it was running cold and I figured for $20 bucks it would be good enough to save our food until we could get the new one. Every thing worked out, we got the new fridge installed in a few days and I decided to use the 20 dollar special as a garage fridge. The garage is not temperature controlled, so it can be a 100 in the summer and zero in the winter. That thing has been humming along flawlessly ever since while I have been through two more new fridges in that time.
I know this story doesn't help you at all, but they sure don't make them like they used to.
My parents have an upright freezer in their basement that was around when I was a small child, I am now 60 years old - its running like a top.

About 10-15 years ago our fridge bit the dust, we didn't want to loose the food inside before we could run out to the big box store and find a new one and get it installed. My wife scrambled and looked on Craiglist and found an Ad from a guy for $20 in a small town about 10 miles away. We ran over there and found this scrapper guy gutting out a very old trailer house for the copper metal...etc. The fridge had been pulled out of the kitchen and was sitting in the yard with an extension cord going to it - he was keeping his beer cold. The place was a dump and the fridge looked like a POS, but it was running cold and I figured for $20 bucks it would be good enough to save our food until we could get the new one. Every thing worked out, we got the new fridge installed in a few days and I decided to use the 20 dollar special as a garage fridge. The garage is not temperature controlled, so it can be a 100 in the summer and zero in the winter. That thing has been humming along flawlessly ever since while I have been through two more new fridges in that time.
I know this story doesn't help you at all, but they sure don't make them like they used to.
My parents have an upright freezer in their basement that was around when I was a small child, I am now 60 years old - its running like a top.
I have one just like that. It stinks of nightcrawlers, old meat, and minnows, somtimes, but it does a great job of keeping beer cold and providing overflow from my deep freeze in the house.

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
Does you dryer have a wiring diagram on it and do you have an electrical meter meter?
No diagram- but do have meter.

Wires looked ok to me- didn’t test just purchased on set of everything and replaced it all