Any appliance repair guys in the house?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
No diagram- but do have meter.

Wires looked ok to me- didn’t test just purchased on set of everything and replaced it all
Very strange it doesn't have diagram. Have you look inside back panel. Maybe in users manual. Or, look it up on line using model and serial number. unless you have done electrical trouble shooting it can be challenging.

Last edited:

Stalker69

WKR
After a frustrating ordeal with a Samsung fridge, my brother says they should stick to phones.
Phones, he'll I have a Samsung phone and it's junk. Had a Samsung dishwasher, error code was a "leak". There was no leak, replaced just about every damn piece in it, and still gave the code a week later. Had a Samsung TV, no issues for years, tried connecting to you tube, and thing went blank. Service told us to would probably be cheaper to but a new one.

Wrench

WKR
Check the contactor relay with an Ohm meter. If it's closed......there you go.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
It's crazy to see how many of us know first hand Samsung is garbage, yet they are still pumping out appliances.
After we fell victim and bought Samsung, friend of a friend who repairs appliances for a living said the same thing heard many times already-he, nor anyone he knows will work on them.
I have water collecting in the crisper drawer, did every fix known, still no good. Can't wait to be done with Samsung.

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR

could try giving him a call…

Thanks for providing this. I had replaced that part - however I never tested it. I am going to check the contactor from the heating unit itself as others have suggested and then work on actually testing the thermistor and going from there.

CorbLand

WKR
It's crazy to see how many of us know first hand Samsung is garbage, yet they are still pumping out appliances.
After we fell victim and bought Samsung, friend of a friend who repairs appliances for a living said the same thing heard many times already-he, nor anyone he knows will work on them.
I have water collecting in the crisper drawer, did every fix known, still no good. Can't wait to be done with Samsung.
It’s because they build stuff that looks good. My wife and I were talking about when we have to get a new washer and dryer a couple months ago and she was like “I want the Samsung ones.” I told her, “they aren’t reliable and have tons of problems.” She was like “but they are so pretty.”

I can’t remember the last time I walked into someone’s house and was like “can I see your washer and dryer to see if they look good?”

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It’s because they build stuff that looks good. My wife and I were talking about when we have to get a new washer and dryer a couple months ago and she was like “I want the Samsung ones.” I told her, “they aren’t reliable and have tons of problems.” She was like “but they are so pretty.”

I can’t remember the last time I walked into someone’s house and was like “can I see your washer and dryer to see if they look good?”
I know women who pick pro sports teams based on how good their uniforms look. And maybe a guy or two. :)

sasquatch

WKR
Best washer and dryers are the old school ones you have to find used/repaired! They have about three knobs/choices, they don’t weight clothes and adjust water and all that garbage. Sometimes simple is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
As mentioned earlier Speed Queen is the gold standard for the most part. Maytag had a “commercial “ grade set that is pretty good too

Within reason a dryer is just a dryer and get the cheapest reliable unit possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk