Anyone Buy A New 4Runner Recently?

Titan_Bow

WKR
Just a more modern vehicle with a better overall package & features for the average daily driver. My relative has a new Bronco, another a 20' 4Runner, I'd take the Bronco any day if equal price. It's definitely a worse hauler though, interior is semi-cramped IMO and less cargo capacity.

That being said, we are a big Toyota family and awaiting the new 4Runner before we make any decisions. I am SUPER hopeful they put the new Hybrid engine option from the Tundra in the updated 4Runner...

It will be interesting to see how these new Broncos age. I want to see them with 150K - 200K miles on them and then see how much people like them at that point. I do like the look of them, and factory 35s is a pretty cool option, but I and several people I've known, have had back luck with Ford products in the past..

It will be interesting to see how these new Broncos age. I want to see them with 150K - 200K miles on them and then see how much people like them at that point. I do like the look of them, and factory 35s is a pretty cool option, but I and several people I've known, have had back luck with Ford products in the past..

Same...the first Bronco that was delivered for my relative had some serious manufacturing issues, rejected it upon delivery.

If you haven't checked out the new Tundra it's worth a dealership visit to look, fantastic QOL updates. They really knocked it out of the park, the Hybrid 10 speed is really nice if you can do a test drive. Some great YouTube reviews on it as well -- TheStraightPipes is a good one.

Has me super hopeful for the revamped Tacoma & 4Runner coming up. We've never had a single issue with our Taco.

axeforce6

WKR
To my knowledge nothing has been released, and our local Toyota dealer won't share anything with us other than "it's built on the Land Cruiser platform which was just redesigned..."
It will not share a platform with a land cruiser. It will be off of the new Tacoma frame. Slightly modified. Some powertrain info I’ve gather is 10 speed with the tundra sr detuned 3.5 TT.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Same...the first Bronco that was delivered for my relative had some serious manufacturing issues, rejected it upon delivery.

If you haven't checked out the new Tundra it's worth a dealership visit to look, fantastic QOL updates. They really knocked it out of the park, the Hybrid 10 speed is really nice if you can do a test drive. Some great YouTube reviews on it as well -- TheStraightPipes is a good one.

Has me super hopeful for the revamped Tacoma & 4Runner coming up. We've never had a single issue with our Taco.

I just bought a '21 4Runner last year, so I'm hopefully not going to be in the market for a new vehicle for quite some time!

NCmountainhunter

Lil-Rokslider
2018 TRD PRO
Bought new for $44k. Sticker was $48k, I believe. Been a great vehicle so far. Have 40,000 miles, no issues.

A few weeks ago we bought a new 2022 TRD Offroad Premium for 47K and change at a dealership in Fairfax, VA. We looked at a few other dealerships but the same vehicle was 53 or 54 K and several months wait. The one we bought had already been ordered by the dealership so we only had to wait about 2 weeks and no special delivery fees etc.

Not a great time to buy a Toyota in the DC area but I'm going overseas in a few months and it's way easier to get a Toyota worked on than a jeep in central Asia. But I don't feel like I totally got robbed either at that price as the vehicle has everything we wanted and a few extras and I don't see prices getting better before the fall.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
just wait til the economy crashes and all these overpriced mall crawlers get repo’d. You’ll probably get a killer deal if you manage your ESG scores right and don’t waste your fedcoins on rice and beans before then.

A few weeks ago we bought a new 2022 TRD Offroad Premium for 47K and change at a dealership in Fairfax, VA. We looked at a few other dealerships but the same vehicle was 53 or 54 K and several months wait. The one we bought had already been ordered by the dealership so we only had to wait about 2 weeks and no special delivery fees etc.

Not a great time to buy a Toyota in the DC area but I'm going overseas in a few months and it's way easier to get a Toyota worked on than a jeep in central Asia. But I don't feel like I totally got robbed either at that price as the vehicle has everything we wanted and a few extras and I don't see prices getting better before the fall.
I looked into a 22 sr5 trd sport but they seem to be having a lot of issues so far with the 2022s

I looked into a 22 sr5 trd sport but they seem to be having a lot of issues so far with the 2022s
Bummer, what issues are you hearing of?

I've heard of panel alignment issues but nothing else at this point. Granted, I don't know anyone with a new Tundra and have only seen a floor model.

Bummer, what issues are you hearing of?

I've heard of panel alignment issues but nothing else at this point. Granted, I don't know anyone with a new Tundra and have only seen a floor model.
problems with the turbos https://www.tundras.com/threads/turbo-issue.100863/
Several you tube videos as well on the problem. Hopefully a software issue

Sorry to detail the thread. OP I wouldnt be afraid to fly or drive a little bit in this market. Not sure about Toyota but ford has some dealers that make it worth it. My mother in law has 99 4runner still going strong. She bought a 2014 limited thinking she wanted a new one but hates how big it is so it only has 5k miles on it and she still drives the 99. '14 probably worth a lot of money now, tried to get her to flip it but she doesn't care lol