Anyone have a points/application spreadsheet template?

mgray

FNG
I'm starting to organize an Excel template to keep track of all my applications. Before I put too much effort in, I though I'd ask around to see if anyone has one they're already using. I'm thinking of things like state, username/password, cost, deadline, past choices, different species within the state, current points, etc. Any other info you think would be relevant?

I’ve got a word document with some of the things you’ve mentioned but I bet you could make a slick spreadsheet in excel. Curious as to how you have it all broken down.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the Word file method. But I'm sure you could make an Excel work. It looks like you have all the main things listed. Couple additions for my basic template from yours: Key high level notes on each state i. e. Draw type (preference, bonus etc), NR draw %, how many draw choices are reviewed, group/ family hunt or solo per species per state in a table. Also hunter safety info for state requiring it, link to each states website & gohunt articles (draw deadline & cost articles). Then I list the key units/ hunt codes for each state in a basic table -3 to 6 choices, ( Hunt code, unit, dates of hunt, NR tags possible, random tags/ points needed, Draw %, & hunt type). Lastly, I create a basic table with sunk costs per person: application costs total, general hunting license, preference point cost total. I don't worry to much about cost of actually drawing the tags, Except for the states that take your money up front.... NM hurts pretty bad. So far this file is 29 pages long... has some redundancy in it and could be shortened but is the "system" I like most.