Anyone have Cataracts removed ?

Opah

WKR
Well found out I got Cataracts due to excessive Platelets in my Blood have to get my Blood sugar back into specs from 11.6 to now 6.7 A1c yes ! some now they are looking at doing both eyes at the same time. anyone can let my in on what to expect ?

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I just had Cataracts removed from both eyes. They also implanted permanent lenses for distance and close up. So far it has been great. They did one eye the last week of February and then 2 weeks later the other eye. I could not believe the difference in color quality and clarity that I had lost. I am at 20/20 today.

Hoppes Vision did mine in UT. They are one of the top rated eye facilities in the Nation.

So here is the procedure I went thru. 3 days before surgery you start taking the following eye drops, NASIDS, Anti-bacterial & steroids. Show up for your surgery and they start putting in at least 18 eye drops for numbing, and dilation. Plus an IV for knock out drug. Then right before you go into surgery they put a numbing gel right on your eye. Anesthesiologist will come out and explain what he does. Your wheeled into operating room and they clean you eye area, and put a patch over your eye. Then your kind of out of it as the knock out drug goes into effect. It is all computer operated. I was wakened one time and told to follow a red dot then, woke up in recovery. Then sent home

First day your vision is a bit blurred. You will be tired later in the day. Next day your vision will clear up and you can see pretty good. You will also notice that everything will be brighter. Sunglasses will be needed. There will be a couple of follow up visits and then your good to go if everything heals up.

For me its been great. I cant wait for hunting season......my vision is so much clearer and I see things way better then before.

Yardvark

FNG
I had my cataracts done in May at 52 after years of vision decline that the optometrist never identified as cataracts until this year. Just like Poltax above, I had not realized how much color and clarity that I lost. The procedure was much like he describes, but I was just sedated, not knocked out. Had them done two weeks apart. First eye, not much pain the day of. Second eye hurt a lot more, but was fine on the day after surgery. You have to be careful and really protect your eyes to avoid knocking the lens out of place.
I ended up choosing to go with the panoptix trifocal lenses. There wasn't much I could find on the internet about hunters and the Panoptix lenses, but did end up talking with one hunter who had them and he was pleased with the results. My doc also told me that he had implanted a bunch of other hunters and they had good results. Note that there is an eye surgeon here that isn't in love with the multi focal lenses for hunters. I didn't see that thread on lasic before my surgery or I would have quizzed him a bunch.
Just getting back to shooting (shotgun) next week and will report my experiences throughout the season, good or bad, in the interest of sharing the info so others can benefit.