Anyone still using 5 pin fixed sights?

I've got a new bow, and it's all set up except for a sight. I do have a sight on it, but that one is headed back to my old bow and on to a friend that wants to try archery. I've tried single pin with sight tapes and dialing....not a fan. Just not my thing for now. Question is....is there anyone out there still using 5 pin fixed sights that can comment on a few different models? I've looked at the Black Gold and Spott Hogg and have pretty much decided it's between those two, but which model? I'd appreciate any feedback.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I still have a couple 5-pin sights, a BG Flashpoint and a SH Hunter, but I prefer my 7-pin Spot Hogg Hunters. SH is top notch and durable for hunting.

Btaylor

WKR
I shoot a 5 pin Axcel and really like it. Been a very durable sight with nice bright pins. Either of the 2 you mentioned will work great too, both are long known for making great stuff.

stu_manji

FNG
ive been shooting a tru glo 5 pin for probably 5 years or better. cost less than $60 and have used it to kill turkeys, deer and elk. it sits close to the bow so I don't smack it on stuff. easy to adjust. doesn't cost a s&*^load of money. it's not about the bow, it's mostly about the indian when you boil all this stuff down

JD619er

WKR
I use a spot Hogg real deal 5 pin with a full wrap and i don't plan on going back to a slider also it's held up really well to abuse

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a 5 pin slider and use the Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg. I think the durability of the Spot Hogg and the vertical wire make them the best fixed pin sights out there.

elkguide

WKR
5 pin Axcel hunter here. You do usually get what you pay for and sights aren't cheap. Look at every sight you can to see if you can see them well. My pins are green - red - green - red - green. Most people have a yellow pin or two but my eyes don't pick up the yellow well and definitely don't see the blue.

87TT

WKR
I was shooting a Trophy Ridge 5 pin that I added another pin to, to make 6. I was always trying to stretch my sights out to 70 yards for practice. I just upgraded to a MBG Ascent Verdict 5 pin slider. I haven't set up the sight tape yet or the 3rd axis but so far, I'm loving it. The pins are the clearest and brightest I have seen. They also have the photochromatic cover on the fiber optics that keep them from being too bright on sunny days. Best of both worlds I guess. Even if you don't think you want a slider, you don't have to use it and it's there if or when you do.

A BG 5-pin Rush is an excellent sight. I've got one on the backup Mathews Drenalin. Got BG sliders on my two Prime Rivals, with 5 pin heads identical to the head on the Rush. They are what I like!

Gumbo

WKR
Spot Hogg Hunter is the best fixed pin I've used. Bomb-proof, 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments, quick and easy micro gang adjustments, and pins that aren't too bright but are plenty bright. In fact, I just switched my Hunter from my backup bow to my primary bow because I like the pins better (I was using an MBG Ascent) and I want the sight closer to my riser.

OXN939

WKR
Picked up a Tru Glo Rival hunter 5 pin on sale at Bass pro for like $50. They just came out with a new model, so mine is "discontinued" I guess. Works great to 50 yards, though, and has some other good selling points for me:

-Micro adjust
-All metal construction
-Smaller diameter pins as distances increase
-Robust mounting hardware

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I won a BG Revenge this summer in a raffle that I can let go if you're interesed. I shoot lefty otherwise I'd use it. Currently shoot a BG pure gold and love it.

MTSabo

WKR
I was using a axcel rheotech 5 pin. Was a really solid sight. wanted to reach out there so I switched to a 3 pin slider. Got the 5 pin in the classifieds right now though haha

PDob

FNG
One more for Spot Hogg. Adjustments are easy and pins are bright enough in low light, IMO.

Trial153

WKR
I have a four pin MGB Revenge with big dog housing, 4" dove tail......its really sweet light weight set up. Micro adjust all the way around and its been solid.

PM Bean outdoors on here and he can hook you up with good price too.

Zac

WKR
Has anyone had any experience with the Trophy Ridge React Pro? I really like the idea but am unsure whether to pull the trigger on it. I've heard that sometimes the calculation doesn't work.

I have An axcel accutouch. It started as a single pin. Didn’t work for me. Went to 3 pin for a season. Missed a couple of shots for lack of skill dialing them. Had two pins added to make it five. Now it can slide but the five pins get me to 60 yards which covers my hunting distance. Best of both worlds IMO.

SoDaky

WKR
Zac I've had a TR React,not sure if it was the 'Pro' or not.The calculation was very close for me but it was not sturdy enough for my use.Back to MBGs for me.

Wellsdw

WKR
I’m shooting a CBE fixed 5. I’m probably obsessed with simplicity, especially as hard as I am on my stuff by the end of a hunt. I’ve tried a little of everything but keep going back to simplicity and Bomb proof set ups.