AR15 Arm Brace Comment Period By Jan 4 Act now

OP
BRTreedogs
I would like to interject here. I knew this was coming. I feel it is unfair to the people who paid the $200 tax stamp, waited upwards of 1 year, only to have some others cheat the system and by putting a brace on their AR and use it solely as a stock. I also want to say that we should do away with the NFA completely, but that is a different day for a different thread. With the rules we have now, I feel pistol braces are not valid under the law.
Pretty large assumption for you to know how people intended to use something when they bought it.

bsnedeker

WKR
No but if the energy that went into bump stocks and pistol braces went into a unified front attacking the nfa with a court case(s) we might make actual progress. The NFA ruling does not provide precedent but if all million pistol holders registered them as short barreled rifles (fee waived) then the millions of sbr become common. Items commonly held by citizens are easier to deregulate
AND has case precedent to help move the lawsuit along.

Common held forearms= good
Boog boi trinkets= bad

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Lol, yeah, I'm sure that would be the outcome of this...millions of guys with AR pistols registering their firearms with the government!

worth a read.

tactically, I think the new administration will go after low hanging fruit like braces, other weapons like the moss berg shockwave, and a few other things by executive order or administrative policy early on. Bigger fight probably comes once the COVID situation is under control and the economy is more solid. banning internet sales of guns and ammo would be a bummer. Banning internet sales of parts and accessories would piss me off. Ammo tax is the other thing I get concerned about.

amassi

WKR
Lol, yeah, I'm sure that would be the outcome of this...millions of guys with AR pistols registering their firearms with the government!
Move the ball a lot farther than keeping a pistol brace. But again your more interested in a trinket than meaningful legislation changes.

bsnedeker

WKR
Move the ball a lot farther than keeping a pistol brace. But again your more interested in a trinket than meaningful legislation changes.

So in your mind registering your firearms with the government is moving the ball? I mean, yeah, I guess moving backwards IS moving so you are technically correct.

amassi

WKR

worth a read.

tactically, I think the new administration will go after low hanging fruit like braces, other weapons like the moss berg shockwave, and a few other things by executive order or administrative policy early on. Bigger fight probably comes once the COVID situation is under control and the economy is more solid. banning internet sales of guns and ammo would be a bummer. Banning internet sales of parts and accessories would piss me off. Ammo tax is the other thing I get concerned about.
None of those suggested executive orders survive the supreme court with a 5-1-3 split. Mags have already passed the "commonly available" test so they're here to stay. I dont see a path towards their lofty internet goal

amassi

WKR
So in your mind registering your firearms with the government is moving the ball? I mean, yeah, I guess moving backwards IS moving so you are technically correct.
Yes since registered firearms arent very scary if your a logical adult. Further the more registered sbr there are the easier it will be to get them removed from the asinine nfa along with suppressors.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yes since registered firearms arent very scary if your a logical adult. Further the more registered sbr there are the easier it will be to get them removed from the asinine nfa along with suppressors.

Again, just trying to understand where you are coming from - Logical adults = people who haven't paid attention in history class who don't understand that gun registration leads to gun confiscation...that's what you meant, right?

OP
BRTreedogs

You must be a brain washed Californian

amassi

WKR
Again, just trying to understand where you are coming from - Logical adults = people who haven't paid attention in history class who don't understand that gun registration leads to gun confiscation...that's what you meant, right?
They're already registered unless you built an 80% and even then I'm sure theres a pic of it on the internet.
Who's going to confiscate them?

peterk123

WKR
Pardon my ignorance; I have never heard of an arm brace, so I just searched it. Are we basically talking about the ATF making velcro illegal on a gun stock? Because that appears to me how the brace works. BTW, that is insane. I can't even fathom how that somehow makes a gun some evil killing machine. Not even seeing how it benefits a person unless you are an amputee. What am I missing here?

Wvroach

WKR
No- I'm pro 2A but I recognize that as long as people get upset about losing trinkets like bump stocks and pistol braces they have no interest in overturning sweeping legislation like the nfa. They're happy to have a small loophole

Anytime you have to add a but after "I'm pro 2-A" you are not. Also the term handgun has been around since the 1400s as in a gun designed to be fired with one hand...

Anyways back to the original issue here the link to comment on this if you are
Pro-2A is here.

I know most here are hunters and won't directly apply but the op is right the govt overreach has to stop. The doj does not have the right to govern a piece of plastic because they feel it's more dangerous. When the government fears the people you have liberty, when the people fear the government you have tyranny.

We have let it go for far to long and this is the beast that has came out of years of "I'm pro 2a but" culture. Not another inch.

260madman

WKR
Why do I feel like some people have written letters to the BATFE for “clarification” and asked about minute what if situations? Drive around town on a loudspeaker saying you feel braces aren’t valid under law? Keep your yappers shut and we won’t be in the situations we’re in. Take an SBR and a suppressor to the local range and here they come running “you got papers for those”?!! ”Weapons of war ain’t fer huntin’”! We are our own worst enemies for the righteousness of saying “see, I was right” When it comes to gun laws.

The government always takes away but never gives back. 2 years of full control Executive and Legislative branches and we couldn’t get suppressors to the floor because the hurt feelers GOPe brigade was too busy cooking up BS Russia crap (rot in hell McCain). Put our energies towards the NFA? Like I said they take away but never give back. Better to have the spirit of the founders It will go farther and get noticed. SCOTUS wont take on a 2A case because they are afraid they will have to rule with the Constitution but if it was a 1A case they’d be tripping over their d*%ks to take it on, as mentioned by Justice Thomas. NFA will never go before the courts.

amassi

WKR
Anytime you have to add a but after "I'm pro 2-A" you are not. Also the term handgun has been around since the 1400s as in a gun designed to be fired with one hand...

Anyways back to the original issue here the link to comment on this if you are
Pro-2A is here.

I know most here are hunters and won't directly apply but the op is right the govt overreach has to stop. The doj does not have the right to govern a piece of plastic because they feel it's more dangerous. When the government fears the people you have liberty, when the people fear the government you have tyranny.

We have let it go for far to long and this is the beast that has came out of years of "I'm pro 2a but" culture. Not another inch.
Ok patriot

amassi

WKR
Why do I feel like some people have written letters to the BATFE for “clarification” and asked about minute what if situations? Drive around town on a loudspeaker saying you feel braces aren’t valid under law? Keep your yappers shut and we won’t be in the situations we’re in. Take an SBR and a suppressor to the local range and here they come running “you got papers for those”?!! ”Weapons of war ain’t fer huntin’”! We are our own worst enemies for the righteousness of saying “see, I was right” When it comes to gun laws.

The government always takes away but never gives back. 2 years of full control Executive and Legislative branches and we couldn’t get suppressors to the floor because the hurt feelers GOPe brigade was too busy cooking up BS Russia crap (rot in hell McCain). Put our energies towards the NFA? Like I said they take away but never give back. Better to have the spirit of the founders It will go farther and get noticed. SCOTUS wont take on a 2A case because they are afraid they will have to rule with the Constitution but if it was a 1A case they’d be tripping over their d*%ks to take it on, as mentioned by Justice Thomas. NFA will never go before the courts.
Except the 10 year assault weapons ban, taken away and given back.

bsnedeker

WKR
They're already registered unless you built an 80% and even then I'm sure theres a pic of it on the internet.
Who's going to confiscate them?

Ok, with this I'm going to step out of this conversation. You are so ignorant it's to the point that I believe you are trolling. I will tell you that none of my guns are registered and I'll leave it at that.

amassi

WKR
Pardon my ignorance; I have never heard of an arm brace, so I just searched it. Are we basically talking about the ATF making velcro illegal on a gun stock? Because that appears to me how the brace works. BTW, that is insane. I can't even fathom how that somehow makes a gun some evil killing machine. Not even seeing how it benefits a person unless you are an amputee. What am I missing here?
It isnt about danger or killing capacity.
Firearms have features that define them as rifles, pistols of others. When you take a pistol and add a buttstock to it you've created a rifle.

amassi

WKR
Ok, with this I'm going to step out of this conversation. You are so ignorant it's to the point that I believe you are trolling. I will tell you that none of my guns are registered and I'll leave it at that.
What is it with guys on this forum pulling the ignorant card when they're out of retort?
Never filled out a single 4473?

260madman

WKR
The length of the Velcro is too short for the ATF. Not lying. And don’t you dare make it longer because that’s modifying it and they think that’s illegal because the new length wasn’t submitted to them for review by the manufacturer. Clown World. Where’s the Honkler?