Are horandy interbonds any good.

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
i shoot a 300 weatherby mag i have shoot four deer with the weatherby loaded nosler accubond180grn they droped all four good expanision and complete penetration 3 at 120 one at 40 awesome did excatly what i wanted. and i am wondering if the horandy interbonds 180grn are any thing like the accubonds. i can also get the 200 grn eldx and the 180 grn horandy interlock and the 165 grn interlock i am probaly gonna buy one box of the 180 ineterbonds one box of the 200 grain eldx and the 180 grn interlock the 180 interlock shoots 3240 fps and 4195 energy.the 180 interbonds are 3240 fps and 4195 energy. the 200 grn eldx is 3000 fps and 3997 fps. and the 165 interlock is 3390 fps and 4210 energy. my most normal shot i will shot will be 100-150. but the most common will be 120yards. and all these are the weatherby brand loads and they quit loading the nosler accubonds.

S-3 ranch

WKR
I have shot 2 bull elk, 48 nilgai with them and hundreds of deer and hogs, and never had a problem.
imo I wouldn’t use a eldx as I have never seen one not have massive core separation even with a slower caliber like 6.5cm , if you’re serious about the eldx jump up a grain size or two , 200+ grain in a 30 cal

Felix40

WKR
I don’t know about interbonds but everything I shot with the 200 eldx got passthroughs. I had no complaints with that bullet except it was unpleasant to shoot.

I have shot 2 bull elk, 48 nilgai with them and hundreds of deer and hogs, and never had a problem.
imo I wouldn’t use a eldx as I have never seen one not have massive core separation even with a slower caliber like 6.5cm , if you’re serious about the eldx jump up a grain size or two , 200+ grain in a 30 cal

7mm Rem Mag and 7mm-08, all we use are eldx, great results near and far.

OP, If the AB are working for you why change?

P

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
yeah the only weatherby load is a 200 grain eldx.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
7mm Rem Mag and 7mm-08, all we use are eldx, great results near and far.

OP, If the AB are working for you why change?

P
because they quit loading them with the weatherby loads nosler has the 300 weatherby with there loads but they are not as fast by about 75 fps and the energy is 200 pound less and instead of 85.99 for the weatherby loads on ammo seek the nosler trophy grade are 144.99 on midwayusa i do not care to lose the fps and energy but i do not wanna pay that and have to lose that fps and energy.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
OK, so what's the difference between interlock and interbond?
the interlock is a remington core lokt style bullet.(i do not really know exactly how close it is to a corelokt or fedral power shock style bullet but it is very simillar)the interbond is like a accubond or a bonded bullet.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
i shoot a 300 weatherby mag i have shoot four deer with the weatherby loaded nosler accubond180grn they droped all four good expanision and complete penetration 3 at 120 one at 40 awesome did excatly what i wanted. and i am wondering if the horandy interbonds 180grn are any thing like the accubonds. i can also get the 200 grn eldx and the 180 grn horandy interlock and the 165 grn interlock i am probaly gonna buy one box of the 180 ineterbonds one box of the 200 grain eldx and the 180 grn interlock the 180 interlock shoots 3240 fps and 4195 energy.the 180 interbonds are 3240 fps and 4195 energy. the 200 grn eldx is 3000 fps and 3997 fps. and the 165 interlock is 3390 fps and 4210 energy. my most normal shot i will shot will be 100-150. but the most common will be 120yards. and all these are the weatherby brand loads and they quit loading the nosler accubonds.
also thinking about the ttsx barnes

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Ive watched both a Watsui and a water buffalo do the Bang!Flop! Via 7 PRC and 300 PRC ELD-X
Although my sample size with ELD-X and XL critters is small they have impressed me greatly.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Bonded= 2 types of metal bonded via a chemical process.
Locked = 2 types of metal physically locked into each other usually via some type of machines ring or other physical (non-chemical) means.

gman82001

WKR
I see you talk about x bullets like this every time like they are mentioned. You seem like they are supposed to act like an accubond or any bonded bullet, but pretty much any amount of reading says they are anything but.

I’ve shot my last 2 elk with a 162 in 7mag and absolutely am loving how they work. And have been so happy I’m considering using them in all my hunting rifle calibers. Not trying to throw shade just trying to let the op know the eldx is a very good bullet and not to be over looked if he understands how the bullet is designed to function.

I see you talk about x bullets like this every time like they are mentioned. You seem like they are supposed to act like an accubond or any bonded bullet, but pretty much any amount of reading says they are anything but.

I’ve shot my last 2 elk with a 162 in 7mag and absolutely am loving how they work. And have been so happy I’m considering using them in all my hunting rifle calibers. Not trying to throw shade just trying to let the op know the eldx is a very good bullet and not to be over looked if he understands how the bullet is designed to function.

Elk with a 162 Eldx out of a 7mm Rem Mag? Inconceivable!

P

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Help me understand why you think you need a 300 Wby Mag shooting 180-200 grain bullets to kill deer at 120 yards?

P
because well first thing was it was a gift. second thing i shot 2 deer with a 243 first deer no blood second deer 3 drops. then this rifle got gifted to me and i just used it and i dont plan on switching any time soon but i have used a 270 win of my papal and it worked just fine. i dont need it i just use it because it works and i aint got the money to go and get another rifle right now.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Bonded= 2 types of metal bonded via a chemical process.
Locked = 2 types of metal physically locked into each other usually via some type of machines ring or other physical (non-chemical) means.
thank you i was wonder how the bonding processed worked but i kinda knew how the interlock procces worked

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
because well first thing was it was a gift. second thing i shot 2 deer with a 243 first deer no blood second deer 3 drops. then this rifle got gifted to me and i just used it and i dont plan on switching any time soon but i have used a 270 win of my papal and it worked just fine. i dont need it i just use it because it works and i aint got the money to go and get another rifle right now.
also that was with a horandy superformance 95 grain sst and i tried so 80 grain remington core lokt but they did not group well so i am gonna try 100 grain fedral power shock

Got it. I used to hunt with a couple of 300 Wby Mags, very potent.

Realistically, I don’t think it matters much what you buy, they’ll all kill well. Find something cheap and available that your rifle likes.

P

Last edited:
OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Got it. I used to hunt with a couple of 300 Wby Mags, very potent.

Realistically, I don’t think it matters much what you buy, they’ll all kill well. Find something cheap and available that you rifle likes.

P
yep thats what i have always said if my rifle likes it i will use it. i dont care to pay 120 a box if it shoot better than the 80 dollar box of ammo if.