Are horandy interbonds any good.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago getting ready for a hunt in Namibia I tried 180gn interbonds and accubonds in a 300 magnum. I wasnt happy with the accuracy of the interbonds, so went with the accubonds. The accubonds performed great on the hunt, and have been one of my favourite bullets since then.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago getting ready for a hunt in Namibia I tried 180gn interbonds and accubonds in a 300 magnum. I wasnt happy with the accuracy of the interbonds, so went with the accubonds. The accubonds performed great on the hunt, and have been one of my favourite bullets since
i love the accubonds. i shoot 4 deer with them and they was good expanision good penetration and deadly.but unforuntaley weatherby quit reloading them so i am gonna have to go to the bullets i listed or barnes ttsx or swift sirrocco.

Thegman

WKR
Well, as someone said, any of your choices will be fine.

Specifically, the difference I've seen between the Interbond and the Accubond is that the Interbond sheds less weight and generally ends its penetration with a rather wide, flat "mushroom". I have several recovered Interbonds to show what I mean. Haven't used the Accubond nearly as much and don't have any recovered ones to show. 1708359422682695009737867598807.jpg17083594947601249248041055297662.jpg

cgavason

FNG
Interbonds are good bullets if you 1) can you find them and 2) find a good load for your gun—-they are very picky bullets.

I happened to buy a large amount of 165gr Interbonds for my Tikka 308. 45gr of Varget and they touch each other.

I think Hornady stopped making them cuz they can pump out alot more ELDX in less time so its more profitable for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Interbonds are good bullets if you 1) can you find them and 2) find a good load for your gun—-they are very picky bullets.

I happened to buy a large amount of 165gr Interbonds for my Tikka 308. 45gr of Varget and they touch each other.

I think Hornady stopped making them cuz they can pump out alot more ELDX in less time so its more profitable for them.

weatherby loads the bullet and i can get them off ammo seek for about 65 bucks a box i dont like the eldx i have heard too many bad things about them when you shoot thru brush.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Well, as someone said, any of your choices will be fine.

Specifically, the difference I've seen between the Interbond and the Accubond is that the Interbond sheds less weight and generally ends its penetration with a rather wide, flat "mushroom". I have several recovered Interbonds to show what I mean. Haven't used the Accubond nearly as much and don't have any recovered ones to show. View attachment 675837View attachment 675838
i think i am gonna go to the interbond. cause it should perform the same as the accubond i have heard i dont know this is the accubond holds more weight retintion i do not know

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
You found Interbonds on AmmoSeek?

yeah in the 300 weatherby magnum weatherby brand loads. i talked to weatherby the other day and they pump the internbond out just as fast as the swift sirrocco bullet or barnes ttsx.