Are you ready?

intunegp

WKR
Haven't shot my rifle since pre-season last year, Crispi's still have last year's mud on them, moved in February so my gear is strewn about the new house in various boxes, haven't replaced the puffy that the new puppy chewed up, and haven't thought at all about what shopping/packing changes need to be made with two guys in camp instead of three.

I do walk the pup two miles every evening with enough pace to break a sweat and I know where my tag is so I guess I could be worse off. Gonna throw some heavy crap in my pack and start wearing it for the dog walk to feel like I'm doing something productive.

Funny, got some time today, decided to drive up I-70 big mistake! Highway shutdown for miles. Got to a glassing point at dusk, setting spotter up, in comes the torrential storms!

Saw a car on the west side of the tunnel sitting on top of the guard rail almost like it was balanced perfectly. FYI, Glenwood tunnel shutdown as well, I-70 was a complete mess today! Guys coming out, keep that in mind the week to come, labor day, elk opener, uff!
Thankfully I can take the southern route up i29 and cut across at pueblo and miss all that crap. Had to stop in Boulder on the way home last year and it was like that going the other way.... and I70 in that area has to be the crappiest section of interstate I have ever driven. Have seen fewer ruts on dirt two track in the mountains....

Maybe the forecasted rain will help keep the labor day traffic Hikers out of the forest a bit!

Dirtbag

WKR
meh I'm ready I guess. Didnt draw a tag and haven't got a reissue despite fighting tooth and nail, so it OTC for me, so I'm not taking it too serious. Getting too excited and serious about OTC will leave you feeling like you got kicked in the groin when you see 5 trucks at every parking spot.

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Ready? Yes. Prepared? We’ll see.

Second ever elk hunt, first ever wilderness pack in with llamas. Going to be a fun but mentally grinding two weeks.

I'm not nearly as ready as usual I haven't scouted half as much as I usually do. I'm looking forward to it but I'm definitely distracted. Starting a new job that week, and have a good limited muzzleloader tag in CO. for the middle of the month. I'll probably only get to hunt 3 days total for the first 3 weeks of the archery elk season. Once I get back and settle in it will be on for the rest of the season around my work schedule. I have gotten some pretty good whitetail scouting in and that looks good but I don't mess with them to much until Oct. I've shot the bow enough but not as much as usual. Just has more condensed and busy feel to it and I'm not all together happy with it. Gonna have to get my head on straight and get my butt in gear this week.

Atv loaded up and strapped down, backcountry camping gear in totes and ready to load up, ice chests in the truck, clothes in a tote, misc archery stuff and optics ready to go, meals are packed, both pairs of boots ready to go, calls and tube are ready and my D350 is still shooting lights out 14 years later. All I have to do is move most of this stuff from the living room to the truck. I think I’m ready. Only 9 hours from my house to the elkwoods I’ll be hunting

robtattoo

WKR
Not even remotely.
Still as fat as shit, arthritis in me left ankle & right knee are 3 years worse than the last time I was out there. Non existent cardio, haven't hardly had time to get to the range much. Changed my dates & plans twice already & spent the last 3 months second guessing every decision. My Buddy just dropped out at the last minute so I'm solo too.

But I'm still going. I'll try my absolute crippled best when i get there & although this is my last shot at a bull, I'm not going to pressure myself into doing anything I shouldn't.

Worst case (death & injury aside...) I get 3 magical weeks in a place I adore with absolute peace & quiet & no timetable other than my own.

I can't friggin' wait! 😃

OP
C
Setback for me, went over the handlebars on my bike, shoulder not working well, and concussed! About sums up the year at this point. Thank god no collar bone or shoulder broke, but between the road rash, and sleeping all day, I'm wondering how much I will be doing opening week.

Setback for me, went over the handlebars on my bike, shoulder not working well, and concussed! About sums up the year at this point. Thank god no collar bone or shoulder broke, but between the road rash, and sleeping all day, I'm wondering how much I will be doing opening week.
Wow prayers for a quick recovery!

11boo

WKR
Damn Covey. Good luck healing quick. At least no broken bones.

I hauled a load up for base camp yesterday. Murdock’s has these Otter trailers pretty reasonably priced and it works well.
IMG_8130.jpeg

7sdad

FNG
I leave at 5:00am in the morning but have a ton of stuff to do tonight. Need to change the oil in my truck and get coolers out and all my hunting stuff is scattered all over my house so I guess I need to pack tonight.

11boo

WKR
I leave at 5:00am in the morning but have a ton of stuff to do tonight. Need to change the oil in my truck and get coolers out and all my hunting stuff is scattered all over my house so I guess I need to pack tonight.
I remember those days.