ATF form 1 6.5 creedmoor suppressor ?

Hey I’ve been thinking about getting a supressor for my proof elevation 6.5 creedmoor but don’t quite know what I am doing … I know the form 1 takes less time to process than the form 4 so I think I’m going to go that route … any suggestions on form 1 6.5 cal suppressor kits ? And anything I should know getting into this ?

If you aren't extremely mechanically inclined, Form 1 isn't your thing. If you can't TIG weld and perform basic machining operations, forget it.
Buy one of OCM's new cans, wait for the crime syndicate to approve your stamp, and have an awesome can for next season and beyond.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ericwh

WKR
Super Precision Concepts makes nice things that can be repurposed for a form 1. It can be done with a drill press and a hand pipe cutter but I also used a lathe.

I did a .30 cal can on a 1.625" x 7" tube and it is great on .223 and 6.5 Creedmoor. All titanium and heat-treated stainless steel. I used the griffin taper mount. It's very quiet, accurate, and reliable. I use it at PRS matches.

If I did it again I would do shortie - I don't need ultimate suppression and would appreciate the shorter length for hunting.

OP
Joshuajosh
Super Precision Concepts makes nice things that can be repurposed for a form 1. It can be done with a drill press and a hand pipe cutter but I also used a lathe.

I did a .30 cal can on a 1.625" x 7" tube and it is great on .223 and 6.5 Creedmoor. All titanium and heat-treated stainless steel. I used the griffin taper mount. It's very quiet, accurate, and reliable. I use it at PRS matches.

If I did it again I would do shortie - I don't need ultimate suppression and would appreciate the shorter length for hunting.
Alright thanks

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
If you are going to go to the trouble of the paperwork and the cost of the tax stamp to get a can, get a factory one. It will work better, and remember you are going to have it forever.

For a bolt action rifle, I highly recommend the SilencerCo Harvester 30. It is light, very quiet, and has interchangeable mounts to fit a variety of thread pitches. I have mounts for 1/2-28, 9/16-24, and 5/8-24.

I also have a GemTech Tracker in jail. It is a simple can with a fixed, 5/8-24 thread pitch. I have been very happy with my other GemTech cans, so I expect to like this one too. My check was cashed on 2/24/21, so I should have it soon.

OP
Joshuajosh
If you are going to go to the trouble of the paperwork and the cost of the tax stamp to get a can, get a factory one. It will work better, and remember you are going to have it forever.

For a bolt action rifle, I highly recommend the SilencerCo Harvester 30. It is light, very quiet, and has interchangeable mounts to fit a variety of thread pitches. I have mounts for 1/2-28, 9/16-24, and 5/8-24.

I also have a GemTech Tracker in jail. It is a simple can with a fixed, 5/8-24 thread pitch. I have been very happy with my other GemTech cans, so I expect to like this one too. My check was cashed on 2/24/21, so I should have it soon.
Yeah I kinda think your right … just don’t like how long the wait is … and it’s okay to use a .30 cal suppressor for a 6.5 ?

I did a form 1 can for my 22, took 30 days to approve.

The smart way to get a can is this:
1. Go to a shop with a silencershop kiosk and get a silencershop account and put your info and fingerprints into the kiosk.
2. Get a trust established. It's fine to create a trust that you're the only person on.
3. Order a set of prints from Silencershop, they'll print the ones you took at the kiosk onto the form the ATF wants.
4. Submit your Form 1, mail the prints, pay your $200. Order the kit from JK.

I say this as someone with 3 pending Form 4 cans in jail, having my Form 1 22 can has made having cans in prison more tolerable. One of the JK cans is going to be my next purchase, and I wish I'd gotten one of those instead of the 22 can I acquired.

As indicated above, you will have your suppressors forever. How many rifles do you have? Do you only want to have 1 suppressor? You can set up a shorter, 30 cal Form 1 can to use on everything from an SBR AR15 to a handy light rifle and buy a manufacturer's can as well.

Form 1 cans have caught up to the manufacturer's quite a bit, and as long as standard threading is used (1.375x24) you can configure all of your cans to mount to all of your rifles with the adapters that are out now.

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
There are plenty of companies that provide Form 1 kits that can be built using a simple hand drill and a dremel tool to clip the cups. I have two Form 1 suppressors (.30 cal and .22) and two Form 4 suppressors (.30 cal and 9mm). With the suppressor cover on, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the Form 1 and Form 4. Honestly, my .30 cal Form 1 is my favorite and performs the best. My last Form 1 (which I filed my application September 4th of this year) was approved in 20 days. The suppressor was on my rifle 22 days from submitting my Form 1. I will never do another Form 4 again

OP
Joshuajosh
I did a form 1 can for my 22, took 30 days to approve.

The smart way to get a can is this:
1. Go to a shop with a silencershop kiosk and get a silencershop account and put your info and fingerprints into the kiosk.
2. Get a trust established. It's fine to create a trust that you're the only person on.
3. Order a set of prints from Silencershop, they'll print the ones you took at the kiosk onto the form the ATF wants.
4. Submit your Form 1, mail the prints, pay your $200. Order the kit from JK.

I say this as someone with 3 pending Form 4 cans in jail, having my Form 1 22 can has made having cans in prison more tolerable. One of the JK cans is going to be my next purchase, and I wish I'd gotten one of those instead of the 22 can I acquired.

As indicated above, you will have your suppressors forever. How many rifles do you have? Do you only want to have 1 suppressor? You can set up a shorter, 30 cal Form 1 can to use on everything from an SBR AR15 to a handy light rifle and buy a manufacturer's can as well.

Form 1 cans have caught up to the manufacturer's quite a bit, and as long as standard threading is used (1.375x24) you can configure all of your cans to mount to all of your rifles with the adapters that are out now.
I’ll try to find a place around me that can help out … not a lot of good gun shops here tho … and three rifles that are threaded or that I would use this suppressor for … all are different calibers but all under .30 cal

OP
Joshuajosh
There are plenty of companies that provide Form 1 kits that can be built using a simple hand drill and a dremel tool to clip the cups. I have two Form 1 suppressors (.30 cal and .22) and two Form 4 suppressors (.30 cal and 9mm). With the suppressor cover on, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the Form 1 and Form 4. Honestly, my .30 cal Form 1 is my favorite and performs the best. My last Form 1 (which I filed my application September 4th of this year) was approved in 20 days. The suppressor was on my rifle 22 days from submitting my Form 1. I will never do another Form 4 again
Damn that’s pretty quick … i don’t want to have to wait the year for the form 4 but I also want it done right so I’ll have to consider my options before I go about the form 1

I did a form 1

I regret it sometimes, it was mediocre but decent. All I had was a drill press. I bought most of the parts from diversified machine but not as a kits They, like most others that sold kits, are now out of business with their website and all inventory and customer identification seized by the ATF.

When mine was meh, I then sent it to Ecco machine who recored it and made it an amazing can. After all that I spent about the same as what I would have on an ultra 7. Should have gone that route

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I‘ve have in hand presently, or have shot extensively multiple models of TBAC, Surefire, SiCo, OSS, AAC, Sig, Gryphon, BH, Hardy, Ops Inc/AEM, KAC, Larue, on and on. Pretty much all the major brands/models. I have also used quite a few form 1’s.

It would have to be a really specific reason for me to use anything but a JK Armament form 1 for personal use.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
TBAC is a favorite in the precision rifle world, they have titanium 6.5 cans. If you want to use it with your other rifles get a .30

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus Would you recommend the HD model with 17-4 or is the standard model fine unless it's going on an AR?

Standrad works on an AR unless you are doing mag dumps. For bolt actions, I wouldn’t bother with HD as you can always add it later. The JK’s are not a garage built can as people think of them- they are a legit suppressor in performance.

Join the Form1basics page on Facebook. Easiest thing in the world to “manufacture”.
21 day wait and had my van shooting under 30 days. Worth of every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk