Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Not drawn

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Didn’t apply

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

mproberts

WKR
I'm honestly shocked I didn't draw. I had multiple hunt choices that have up until this year been available as first come first serve leftover tags. This was also with points.. unreal! Guess Coues hunting is officially popular now.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
I'm honestly shocked I didn't draw. I had multiple hunt choices that have up until this year been available as first come first serve leftover tags. This was also with points.. unreal! Guess Coues hunting is officially popular now.
This has been incrementally going on for quite some time now and it's been gaining speed (think logarithmic, not linear). Before long there will be no guaranteed draws left.

OP
canyonhunter47
I figured the big cuts to 33 due to the fire would tank the odds in the neighboring units (eg 30-36)

If we get good rains for a few years and 33 recovers its tag numbers I suspect the point creep will slow for a few years in those alternate units before picking up again. I’m pretty sure leftovers and 3rd choices are a thing of the past though

mproberts

WKR
I figured the big cuts to 33 due to the fire would tank the odds in the neighboring units (eg 30-36)
Yup... it will be interesting to look at the results for units 30-36. I really had planned on hunting, but guess there is always next year. Hard to complain too much since I drew a mule deer tag and harvested last year.

2backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Usually when I draw AZ its 12A Archery second choice but this year I must have pulled a low number because its 12AW Early rifle ..... First time I will be in the Kaibab with no bow.

Congratulations to everyone that was lucky enough to draw a tag in Arizona !!!

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
No tag for us......very frustrating. Gonna hit the OTC archery and still get out there.

rootacres

WKR
Unit 24A - Coues
Nov 26th - Dec 5th

Bring on the E Scouting and load development. This will be a tough hunt but Im looking forward to it.

Unit 24A - Coues
Nov 26th - Dec 5th

Bring on the E Scouting and load development. This will be a tough hunt but Im looking forward to it.
Lots of fire damage in that unit with a lot of land inaccessible due to closures (federal and state).

Look at the fire maps and take it into account when doing your e-scouting.

rootacres

WKR
Lots of fire damage in that unit with a lot of land inaccessible due to closures (federal and state).

Look at the fire maps and take it into account when doing your e-scouting.
Yeah, go figure, the Telegraph fire was reported right after I submitted my application. Thank you though. Ill have to concentrate some effort in different parts of the unit.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
28 for rifle. My Arizona experience is going to the Grand Canyon on a vegas trip and I’ve only seen 2 mule deer in my life, Here’s to another adventure