Backcountry Treats

Hondo

WKR
Appreciate the clarification. I imagine they thaw pretty quick. Do they turn to mush once thawed or do they hold their own? Is this a day1-3 snack or you can eat them all week?

They are at best a day snack during warm weather but can be an all week snack in cold weather. You can tweak the recipe ratio to suit your needs. The more rolled oats and add-ins to peanut butter ratio helps to stabilize it some but add too much and they will crumble.

Small jar of nutella...I will spread a little bit on protein bars I will add it to this and that for a pick me up..and if it's been a really long day and I have had my a$$ handed to me I will just eat it out of the jar with my fingers, keeps my hunting buddies out of it...lol

daewer

FNG
along with dried cherries in the peanut butter balls, my daughter had been adding mini chocolate chips to them as well

Wrench

WKR
I keep a refillable tube of peanut butter and mix a bit of honey in. Chile covered dried mangoes are AWESOME. Chocolate covered espresso beans... that's plenty of happiness for me.

Apollo117

WKR
I keep a refillable tube of peanut butter and mix a bit of honey in. Chile covered dried mangoes are AWESOME. Chocolate covered espresso beans... that's plenty of happiness for me.
What is a refillable tube of peanut butter? I'm always looking for a better way to deliver peanut butter to my stomach.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
My go-to's nowadays:
-Dukes Shorty Sausages w/ Moon Cheese
-Peanut butter pretzels from Costco
-Fruit flavored Mentos
-That's It Bar from Target...Blueberry is pretty good
-Found some bars at Sprouts grocery stores that are 'Apple Pie' or 'Cherry Pie' flavor that are a bomber treat every couple of days. Forgot the name brand though...sorry.

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
A hot cup of coffe with some instant hot chocolate dumped in it definitely picks up the mood for me also.
I'm all about that! Definitely the best pick up there is when you're not feeling 100%.

Honey stingers and pb are pretty good, took some summer sausage and bluebell cheese and it was pretty hard not to eat them first thing in the morning lol

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Payday bars for the salt, dried mango for the sugar, and Liquid IV for the salt, sugar, and caffeine. Instant coffee if it's late in the shoulder season; used to just get the Starbucks stuff, but I'll be switching over to Juno since it's way better tasting.

I am a big fan of overloaded PBJ and I have a chamber sealer (vac sealer should do the same) and seal it up. Oils soak into the bread and it turns into almost a candy bar. Most amazing PBJ I have ever had.