Backup Handgun

khunter20

FNG
When I lived in Alaska I carried a Glock 20 10mm in a kenai chest holster as well as multiple other people with buffalo bore or underwood hardcast bullets. A 44 mag and larger have more juice but a lot of people would rather have the 15 rounds and easier follow up shots with a 10mm than 6 shots and tougher shots to follow up with in a 44 or any revolver similar, but of course if you make the first shot count then I guess it doesnt really matter anyways. Theres been quite a few cases of people killing charging brownies with their 10mm in AK(one even used hollow points) so im a firm believer that its enough. If your talking black bears then a 10mm may not even be necessary, Im sure a well constructed bullet in a 9,40, or 45 would be just fine.

I alternate underwood hard cast with underwood xtreme defense, because why not. We had a friend who had a run in with a mountain lion, it was the first (and only) time my wife has ever come home from work and told me to go buy a big hand gun - Yes dear!

OP
K

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
I alternate underwood hard cast with underwood xtreme defense, because why not. We had a friend who had a run in with a mountain lion, it was the first (and only) time my wife has ever come home from work and told me to go buy a big hand gun - Yes dear!
No better reason to by a gun than the wife said so.

Mt Al

WKR
When in bear country, Glock 20, 10mm, bone stock w/factory solids in a holster on my backpack waistbelt.

OXN939

WKR
G20 with any full powered load over 180 grains or stainless Ruger SP 101 in .357 if I'm feeling fancy.