Bacon Grease

Matt5266

WKR
I've done what weekender 7 said too. If you bear hunt and dont use it for cooking. Definitely use it for baiting bears!

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you need more than your bacon habit makes, you may be able to find Bacon Up at the grocery store. Pre rendered and filtered bacon grease. Good stuff.

UncleBone

WKR
Pour it in a coffee cup and use it to cook steaks, pork chops, chicken thighs, eggs, etc. Way better for you than seed oils. And tastes way better too.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Since u got the mini dinosaurs.

While the pan is still hot add enough rolled oats to soak up the bacon grease. Set aside. Next time your out feeding scraps. Toss them the oats. Like crack to the little clucks.

Tod osier

WKR
Bacon Grease

I have chickens and of course you gotta have bacon with fresh eggs.

For those that eat bacon, what do you do with the grease?

Render it? Have any use for it?

This will not be well received by some, but it is not all that flavorful. People think it is flavorful, but taste it, it just isn't. Butter and even olive oil are far more flavorful. It is a not all that good for you, neutral flavored oil. I'll take butter or a non saturated oil over it every day.

Carr5vols

WKR
Make red eye gravy with it. If you like thr taste of coffee and bacon look this recipe up. Was on the table often at my grandparents house...

LostArra

WKR
My mother had an old ceramic canister set that was by the stove with contents embossed on each lid:
Flour
Sugar
Coffee
Grease

My grandpa called her uppity because he used coffee cans or Mason jars for grease.

I wish I still had it. My mom is 92 and can't remember what she did with it. She laughs about the time period when the experts said grease will kill ya.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I don't actually use it per say, but I will leave some in the skillet when making other meals rather than dumping it out.. Eggs and backed beans.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
My mom would save the bacon grease and make bacon bombs for the camp fire. She pours the warm grease into an old soda can then freezes it. When they have a bonfire she sets the can in the hot coals and waits for it to boil, when it reaches its flash point, it ignites and shoots a cool flame until it burns out in a couple minutes. This picture was the ignition point while camping with my mom and dad in Trinidad, CO.

409F83E7-4E45-44FB-894E-10AA70F89AFC.jpeg