Bear skull mount ideas

Looked at previous skull mount posts but didn’t find much that interested me. The hard part is that I don’t know what I want.

I’m doing a life size mount on one bear and a rug on another (would have done life size as well but domestic harmony dictates the rug).

I’m unsure what to do with the two skulls. The average between the two is 20”. Don’t want to do what I’ve (hopefully temporarily) done with my grizzly skull (in a tote with the rug).

Any ideas? Not keen on a “hooker” nor a football display case.

Geewhiz

WKR
Im in the same boat. Got a couply laying around and not sure what to do with them.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Wife set them in the bathroom with all to other bear stuff. She calls it the “Bear’s bathroom”.

You could always mount them to a wooden plaque onto the wall or build it to sit on a table top. I've seen where people even attach the claws around the outside of the skull too.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Put it on a side table and put a green chistmas light in it .

Stalker69

WKR
May try to reproduce the fauna he was taken in. Like sitting on top of a small log covered in moss. Or on a rock with aspen tree or foliage around it

Last edited:

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
Bear skulls can look nice simply placed on a nice block of wood. A friend had a big brown bear skull he happened to set on a wooden chess set box; the top is inlayed light & dark wood for the "checkers". It looked so good he left it displayed that way.

I would think placing them on a nice piece of polished petrified or agatized wood (slab or block) would look nice. If I can find a piece big enough in my rockhounding I may try that.

Looked at previous skull mount posts but didn’t find much that interested me. The hard part is that I don’t know what I want.

I’m doing a life size mount on one bear and a rug on another (would have done life size as well but domestic harmony dictates the rug).

I’m unsure what to do with the two skulls. The average between the two is 20”. Don’t want to do what I’ve (hopefully temporarily) done with my grizzly skull (in a tote with the rug).

Any ideas? Not keen on a “hooker” nor a football display case.
You could get them metalized, I have a big lion skull getting done now

OP
A
You could get them metalized, I have a big lion skull getting done now
Could be an option one one of them.

The biggest looks like his skull was broken in two places at some point in his life; cool character that I don’t want to cover us or detract from.

Could be an option one one of them.

The biggest looks like his skull was broken in two places at some point in his life; cool character that I don’t want to cover us or detract from.
I don’t blame you at all there. I will try to find a couple pics of the metalized bear skulls from the lady who’s doing mine, she does amazing work