Belt Suggestions; Experience with the new Kifaru belt?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Rokslide is about gear! If YOU don't like a thread, don't post just to post!

4ester

WKR
I've used the Black Ovis and KUIU belts.

The Black Ovis is a bit lacking, and slips, as to why it is under $10. If you run it back through the belt one more time it works much better. I wear this belt everyday and it has held up well.

The KUIU climbing belt works awesome. Super light, low profile, and locks in tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsnider

WKR
ive used the 5.11 belt with the polymer buckle the last 2 years and it was awesome. lightweight and NEVER slips, at all. Theyre 10 bucks on Amazon

i recently got the kifaru to try it out, and now use the 5.11 daily. doesnt show any signs of wear at all.

coues32

WKR
I've been using a Thomas Bates belt for over 10 years
Wear it everyday, simple and light

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Simply won't work if it doesn't have the logo of one of the overpriced, unnecessary "hunting" accessories. How gauche to be seen out in the field not wearing all the high dollar brand name gear, like one of the little people.
The Kifaru belt is actually pretty reasonably priced compared to other makers web belts, especially among the premium brands. Web belts allow for micro-adjustments under the weight of a pack so while they may not be mission critical, they are extremely useful.

The Kifaru belt is actually pretty reasonably priced compared to other makers web belts, especially among the premium brands. Web belts allow for micro-adjustments under the weight of a pack so while they may not be mission critical, they are extremely useful.

Imo the kifaru would be much more useful with a couple snaps instead of the current buckle/fastener so u could clip it to your kifaru pack as an extra compression strap.

I dunno, I have been wearing the same two webbing belts everyday for the last 15 years. I made them myself for less than shipping would cost on some of these brand name belts. Not meaning to be nearly as smug as this sounds but there is nothing magic about a web belt to command the prices they do (unless im completely missing something) other than the logo, which is more than fine, I know I own a couple $2 t-shirts with logos on them and paid over $20. I just get tired of seeing stuff like these belts sky rocket in price (sitka) without any benefit other than proof the wearer is loyal to the brand... paying for stickers to advertise a company is a whole other sore spot with me. At the end of the day most of these belts are just a couple feet of webbing you can buy by the foot on ebay.

That is why I recently switched to arcade belts, they hold your drawers up, don't rub you the wrong way when wearing a pack and give you ninja sweat pant-like freedom of movement. They are different and most are realistically priced. Only down side is you can't clip heavy things to them vary well.

boom

WKR
i wear the same belt all the time. work, hunt, play. i had ZERO idea who made it. i do know that i got it at REI. then someone above mentioned Bison Designs.that's it!!

good belt. i wear it under my pack belt, no problemo. my pants tend to go low, and my hip belt rides higher on my hips..i have no conflicts, unless i need to pee really bad..then it is all hands on deck to get things opened.

i like the wider belt, since i hang a tiny Buck 112 sheath off of it usually. the knife is the hotspot..a full sized fixed blade is impossible..and rides in the pack.

Gr8bawana

WKR
Rokslide is about gear! If YOU don't like a thread, don't post just to post!

Imo the kifaru would be much more useful with a couple snaps instead of the current buckle/fastener so u could clip it to your kifaru pack as an extra compression strap.

I dunno, I have been wearing the same two webbing belts everyday for the last 15 years. I made them myself for less than shipping would cost on some of these brand name belts. Not meaning to be nearly as smug as this sounds but there is nothing magic about a web belt to command the prices they do (unless im completely missing something) other than the logo, which is more than fine, I know I own a couple $2 t-shirts with logos on them and paid over $20. I just get tired of seeing stuff like these belts sky rocket in price (sitka) without any benefit other than proof the wearer is loyal to the brand... paying for stickers to advertise a company is a whole other sore spot with me. At the end of the day most of these belts are just a couple feet of webbing you can buy by the foot on ebay.

That is why I recently switched to arcade belts, they hold your drawers up, don't rub you the wrong way when wearing a pack and give you ninja sweat pant-like freedom of movement. They are different and most are realistically priced. Only down side is you can't clip heavy things to them vary well.

You can't say that! This a forum about gear and you're not allowed to say anything negative about the overpriced gear.

ljalberta

WKR
Simply won't work if it doesn't have the logo of one of the overpriced, unnecessary "hunting" accessories. How gauche to be seen out in the field not wearing all the high dollar brand name gear, like one of the little people.

Come on. What is this adding to the discussion? Where's you critique/review of the actual products (belt). People are discussing belts, and are encouraged to talk about the positives and the negatives of their experiences. What you've written is just dressed-up mockery of people who are sharing their opinions on belts. This is a great online community for gear discussion. No one is forcing you to read the thread. If you have nothing to contribute, then why not simply move one?

Back to belts... I recently picked up the Kifaru belt. So far I've experienced no slipping, and no problems with the width or thickness of the belt while wearing a pack with moderate loads (40lbs). I have yet to haul-out any heavy loads with the pack-belt cinched tight though.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
The OP simply asked what type of belt we would recommend. Lots are giving their recommendations. I don't think anyone but myself and my wife know who made my belt, so no real advertising, or showing who I'm loyal too going on, just saw a belt I wanted, paid for it, forgot I paid for it, and now I can spend the time some of you heroes are spending sewing belts, getting laid. :p

MIKEYB

WKR
This makes me want to try some compression strap webbing and a auto lock buckle. Dual purpose. . . .and cheap.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I feel sorry for your whom ever you slip into bed with, it only takes a couple of minutes to sew a belt.

120 seconds, huh? That's plenty of time for me!
Seriously though, I don't have the sewing machine for 2 layers of webbing and 92 thread, much less a bartack machine which runs over $1000 broken, and I'm not good enough with my needle and thimble to sew one up to my liking in a couple of minutes. I would end up spending a half hour on it or so.

For everyday wear I use a Wilderness belt.. it's ultra stiff and works great for carry and for just keeping my pants up. No sag in the back at all.

That said, for wearing under a hipbelt of a backpack all day while hunting, I've been using a Bison Design belt. It's the same belt Kifaru sells, found it at REI for about $20 I think. I like it quite a bit, it holds snug and doesnt dig into my hips under a hipbelt.

I have both gen kifaru belts and the firstlite. The firstlite sucks, the first gen kifaru is so/so, the new "2nd" gen is better. The best by far are the kuiu/bison belts. Bison makes the belts for kuiu, as I'm not a fan of the kuiu company I'm buying the bison brand.

fishslap

WKR
I second bison designs. I'm not sure of the sizes but I have a wider thicker one and another that's narrower and lower profile. I like them both but after I got the smaller one, I only use the wider one when I'm wearing a holster.

DAD

FNG
Can anyone give me a 2023 update as to what belts they would recommend?